We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Halstatt in November

North Carolina
Level Contributor
384 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Halstatt in November

We will have a car rented from Munich in Mid Nov. Will Lake Halstatt be closed in Nov. We have written to a B&B, and think that they are closed.

Any advice? Thanks in advance.

Midlands, UK
Level Contributor
3,284 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Halstatt in November

Hello,

Here is a link to several hotels in Hallstatt and its surrounding area. You could email a few to see if they are open. Lake Hallstatt and the village are not a "theme park" which closes, but some hotels do take advantage of low tourist numbers in November to close while they take their own vacations.

Liz.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&expIds=17259,17311,26637,26788,26992,27095&xhr=t&cp=13&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=hotels+hallstatt+austria&fb=1&gl=uk&hq=hotels&hnear=Hallstatt,+Austria&view=text&ei=kz_FTMiOA4ScOsHviMoL&sa=X&oi=local_group&ct=more-results&resnum=1&sqi=2&ved=0CEYQtQMwAA

Edited: 25 October 2010, 09:31
Midlands, UK
Level Contributor
3,284 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Halstatt in November

Sorry, that link is too bulky, try this one:

www.hotel.info/Search.aspx…

North Carolina
Level Contributor
384 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Halstatt in November

Thank you. There is one hotel listed for Hallstatt, and it is closed. We can always stay in Salzburg. Bet there are hotels opened there.

U.K.
Destination Expert
for Belgrade
Level Contributor
14,421 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Halstatt in November

It's a very small place anyway, so why not stay in one of the bigger lakeside villages like St Gilgen or as you say Salzburg City. much more to do and see, then you can visit Halstatt for a 1/2 day, IMO that would be plenty in the winter. It's only a 40 min drive from St Gilgen.

Halstatt is a picture postcard place, ideal to chill out in the summer but you can feel isolated if stuck there any length of time IMO

Stoofer

Edited: 25 October 2010, 18:06
Bad Ischl, Austria
Level Contributor
3,690 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Halstatt in November

Hi

I would also consider staying in Bad Ischl.

Much bigger choice of hotels and restaurants.

Very close to Hallstatt and Lake Wolfgang & Traunsee.

Hallstatdt is a 1/2 day trip if you don't do the Saltmine IMHO.

Stafford

Edited: 26 October 2010, 07:52
vienna
Destination Expert
for Lower Austria
Level Contributor
13,600 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Halstatt in November

I see the salt mine is mentioned above.

Poster should be aware that this attraction closes for the winter today October 26th ( Today Austrian National Day - a holiday )

Bad Ischl, Austria
Level Contributor
3,690 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Halstatt in November

Hi

Good point.

I should have been clearer,

When I said 1/2 a day it's becuase in November there is nothing else to do in Hallstatt.

A lot of attractions close in October and don't open again until April.

Small family run Hotels close in November. Gives them a break before the Ski Season kicks off.

Staff

8. Re: Halstatt in November

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 April 2011, 05:16