We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question re Parking in Salzburg

Concord, Canada
Level Contributor
60 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Question re Parking in Salzburg

Hello,

please inform about parking in Salzburg. We will reside in Fuschl am See and plan to use the car to visit Salzburg. Where would be the best place to park, and what should I know about parking in Salzburg?

Thank you

Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna, Austria, Innsbruck
Level Contributor
22,894 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Question re Parking in Salzburg

Have you already seen this?

www.salzburg.info/en/arrival_traffic/car

You could also contemplate taking regional bus 150 into Salzburg in order to avoid costs for parking.

Exeter, Rhode Island
Level Contributor
1,113 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Question re Parking in Salzburg

We visit Berchtesgaden fairly frequently and always plan a day trip into Salzburg. The parking signs approaching the city are well posted and the easiest parking area for tourists is marked "Aldstadt Mitte or Zentrum. This is the undergound garage that is located inside the mountain at the edge of town. From there it's an easy walk to the main "Getriedgasse". When you are approaching, the signs will actually inform you how many spots are still available. If you will have a GPS, you can also program the aldtstadt mitte into it - we did that last year and it was easy. I don't remember what the rates are but it isn't cheap - I would guess about 10-12 euros for a few hours. If you have a choice, it is always better to visit early in the day since the city does become terribly crowded with tourists

Bad Ischl, Austria
Level Contributor
3,690 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Question re Parking in Salzburg

I agree with Mikey

You can catch the 150 bus from one of two stops in Fuschl and get off at the Mirabellplatz.

37 minutes and €4.90 per person.

4. Re: Question re Parking in Salzburg

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 16:41