We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel near train station

florida
Level Contributor
4 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel near train station

Any suggestions for nice hotel or B&B near train station in Salzburg? At least 3-star and less than $150 in late September.

boston, ma
Destination Expert
for Western Ireland
Level Contributor
1,481 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel near train station

It has been awhile since we visited Salzburg.c We stayed at a nice reasonably priced hotel within walking distance of the train station called Marcus Sitticus. Have a wonderful trip.

Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
2,100 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel near train station

Why do you want to stay near the station?

Midlands, UK
Level Contributor
3,284 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel near train station

The area around the station is not nice. Salzburg is a tiny city and you can be at the station by bus or taxi in a very short space of time. Find a hotel closer to the old town, it will be a much nicer holiday experience.

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
31 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel near train station

We stayed in Sheraton, right next to Mirabell Garden in July. We paid US$150 (tax included but no breakfast) through Hotwire. It's about 15 minutes walk from the train station, or maybe <5 minutes bus right. It's on the way to the old city.

It's probably the only 5-star hotel Hotwire sells. So if you see something within your price range, go for it. However, you have to prepay and get no refund if you are unable to go.

The hotel is ok. Dated but clean. The staffs are very friendly too.

Edited: 29 July 2012, 09:13
vancouver
Level Contributor
144 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel near train station

I have to protest and say there are good hotels near the train station. We met a lovely French girl who was only staying 1 night. She had to take a bus to her hotel, whereas when we got off the train station, we saw our hotel in front of us & walked right into it. Check my review on Austria Trend. Unlike other people, I am very picky about my hotel room because it should be like my home. I want to enjoy my vacation & not say "There's no place like home". After I stayed in Austria Trend, I said "there's no place like Salzburg". While you may enjoy living in the old town, all the places I saw were really low buildings with open windows. You can hear the people on the street below. It was mid August when we went & we needed the AC provided by Austria Trend. However, if you do find a hotel with AC in the old town, then that's pretty good too.

Midlands, UK
Level Contributor
3,284 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel near train station

I agree that there are excellent hotels in that area. It's the area itself which is not very salubrious, especially for women and especially at night. If you had no problems then I'm very pleased and glad you had such an enjoyable stay.

7. Re: Hotel near train station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2012, 19:49
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
816 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel near train station

Uh, no! Wrong city!

Chilliwack, Canada
Level Contributor
464 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel near train station

We are staying at Achat Plaza next month. Had decent reviews and a good price. Worth a look perhaps?

Glasgow
Level Contributor
9 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel near train station

Star Inn Salzburg, Gablerbrau (tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g190441-d2558…). I have just back from our trip to Salzburg. We stayed in this hotel, 10 min drive from Train Station, direct connectivity from Local transport and excellent location. Amidst Mirabell Gardens, Mozart's Residence, Salzach River and Christian Dopplers House!!!