We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advent markets - where to stay?

Tel Aviv, Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
2,509 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Advent markets - where to stay?

I'm a solo traveler, arriving by train from Munich on Saturday morning, December 15, and flying home on an 18.30 flight on Sunday. This is the last stop on a whirlwind tour of holiday sights and sounds and tastes.

Which is the best area to stay in? Any hotel recommendations? I'm hoping to find somthing reasonable (clean, quiet) for under €100.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
816 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Advent markets - where to stay?

Altstadt

Midlands, UK
Level Contributor
3,284 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advent markets - where to stay?

If this is a quick visit I agree you should stay in the Altstadt (old town). Salzburg is a very small city so you can easily get back to the train station quickly. A hotel that always gets good reviews is the Weisse Taube. Very close to everything but also in a quieter street. I don't know their rates. Goldener Ente, Hotel Elefant and Hotel am Dom are also in great positions. Maybe you should browse the hotels in the column to the left of this screen.

Edited: 30 September 2012, 19:09
Salt Lake City
Level Contributor
1,793 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Advent markets - where to stay?

We are staying in the Weisse Taube this year for the Christmas Markets as it is so well recommended; but, it is not bad to stay in the newer part of town either. We have stayed at the Hotel Bergland twice and liked it. It is about 10 minutes walk from the Altstadt.

http://www.berglandhotel.at/

There are several nice hotels in the new part of town, Linzer Gasse vicinity, that are just a few minutes from the Altstadt. Prices in this newer part of town are sometimes a better bargain.

Hotel Reservation Service (HRS.com) has a map look-up feature to find hotels. You can see how close things are to the town center. The rating system is good and you can check out prices along with the location.

http://www.hrs.com/

Regards, Gary

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
354 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Advent markets - where to stay?

There is a new hotel just over the river from the old town called the Star Inn Hotel Salzburg Gablerbräu. ITS listed under the B&B / Inn section and is getting great reviews, is really well located and I think is in your price range. I haven't stayed there but am looking at it for a trip early next year. I stayed at another hotel in its area in 2010 and it was a quiet pedestrian area only about 5 minutes walk into the old town.

Regards

Russell

Edited: 02 October 2012, 11:29
5. Re: Advent markets - where to stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2013, 08:17