We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

flights to salzburg

1 post
Save Topic
flights to salzburg

Hi, I am planning a vacation with my girlfriend. We will start out by going to from Antwerp, Belgium to Paris by train around the 27th of juli. We will stay there a couple of days and then we want to go via another city, to end eventually in Salzburg. There we will stay a couple of weeks on a camping and we drive back home by car with friends. The main problem I find is that there are not many (cheap-ish) flights to Salzburg from big cities.

I found a cheap flight from paris to milan, which would be an excellent city to visit in between, but no direct flights fron milan to salzburg.

Only serious option I found is paris-berlin-salzburg. But tickets berlin-salzburg cost about 140 euros per person. But at least the flight is direct.

Does anyone perhaps knows direct flights to salzburg (or maybe even to Klagenfurt) from a nice city we can visit after paris. We dont like to make long train trips so more than 3 hours by train is no option.

Maybe even suggestions to a whole other trip which ends in salzburg? We depart ay around the 27th of juli. Length of the trip is irrelevant. Can be 4 days, but may aswell be 10. Nb: we have been to vienna and venice last year, so thats no option.

I hope this post is not too messy :) Big thanks in advance!

Vienna
Level Contributor
4,149 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: flights to salzburg

Flying to Salzburg for less than 140 Euros will be a challenge. It is not a major hub airport and has limited options. Flying from Berlin is already a low cost option. Check out from Paris to Munich and you can then go to Salzburg with train in 2 hours. Even flying to Vienna with a lot of options is no big deal - in 2 hours 30 minutes one can go to Salzburg every hour or even less. Check www.austrian.com and www.flyniki.com.

Colorado Springs...
Level Contributor
4,867 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: flights to salzburg

I don't know if Air Berlin flies from Pari/or near Paris to Nuernberg; check it out. The train fom Nuernberg to Salzburg could cost you as ;little as EUR26 for the two of you, using the Bayern Ticket. This assumes that you don't mind going on local rather than Express trains. For train schedules, check www.bahn.de.

3. Re: flights to salzburg

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 May 2014, 06:17