We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can I wait to get SOM tour tickets when I arrive?

Athens, GA
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
Can I wait to get SOM tour tickets when I arrive?

I'd rather wait to check out the weather before booking tour tickets. Either Bob's or Panarama. Would that be taking a chance? Will be either July 7 or 8 (Sunday or Monday).

Adelaide
Level Contributor
4,621 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can I wait to get SOM tour tickets when I arrive?

We booked Bobs tours from our Salzburg hotel the night before with no problems. Van turned up on time next morning and off we went. Not sure if Panorama are the same, but I'd be surprised if they couldn't accommodate you. Because Bobs uses small 6-8 seater vans they can be pretty flexible and schedule a tour on the spot.

Terrigal, Australia
Level Contributor
2,396 posts
648 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can I wait to get SOM tour tickets when I arrive?

we used panorama - they pick up from hotel - - booked from hotel night b4 - in small vans and travel to central point - to large/modern coach with o/head tv screens - where they play excerpts from the SOM movie..............as the tour progresses............

i was dragged kicking and screaming by wife to the tour - and had a fantastic time - whichever operator you travel with i'm sure you'll enjoy - we did !

edit...would agree that weather may be a deciding factor !

Edited: 17 June 2013, 08:14
Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
682 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can I wait to get SOM tour tickets when I arrive?

Totally agree re weather - we did a tour a few years ago and the rain poured down - total washout and not really worth bothering with in wet weather (in my opinion of course!)

greeley, CO
Level Contributor
2,718 posts
466 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can I wait to get SOM tour tickets when I arrive?

We booked the day of our tour (Christmas 2011) through the tourist office at the train station. The bus was full. Because of the weather, I would wait until you get there.

Bridgewater, New...
Level Contributor
2,311 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Can I wait to get SOM tour tickets when I arrive?

We bought our tickets on line before arriving in Salzburg with Bob's Tours. We did the Song of Music/Hallstad 8 hour tour and we loved it. We went into St. Gilden and Hallstadt - two very unique and beautiful towns. If you have the time, this is the absolute best tour.

6. Re: Can I wait to get SOM tour tickets when I arrive?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2014, 06:16