We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

EN 236 WILL not stop in salzburg from 4/8 to 18/8.

Oman
Level Contributor
136 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
EN 236 WILL not stop in salzburg from 4/8 to 18/8.

Hi!

We had originally planned to take EN236 from Venice to salzburg on the 10th Aug. However the obb site was not letting me book tix for these dates. So when I contacted obb..I was told there

is some construction happening and there is no stop in salzburg from 4/8 to 18/8. Can anybody now tell, etc how to reach salzburg otherwise. From florence? Or go further up salzburg and then bk to salzburg by bus?

Any suggestions would be of great help.

Thanks

keerthana

The Original Sound of Music Tour in...
2,075 reviews
from US$56.80*
Salzburg Small Group Day Tour from...
1,368 reviews
from US$59.30*
Day Trip to Salzburg from Vienna
86 reviews
from US$150.30*
Likely To Sell Out
Mozart Dinner Concert Salzburg
509 reviews
from US$79.60*
Bad Ischl, Austria
Level Contributor
3,690 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: EN 236 WILL not stop in salzburg from 4/8 to 18/8.

Hi

That is probably because the Salzburg station is currently being renovated. It will be an overnight closure.

You will have to pick another train/route.

http://www.oebb.at/en/index.jsp

Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna, Austria, Innsbruck
Level Contributor
23,540 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: EN 236 WILL not stop in salzburg from 4/8 to 18/8.

Take the night train service bounding for Munich and get off in Rosenheim where you can catch a local service to Salzburg. You won't even lose much time, furthermore you would arrive in Salzburg at a much more convenient time.

3. Re: EN 236 WILL not stop in salzburg from 4/8 to 18/8.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2014, 06:16