We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking a train ticket from OBB from Salzburg to Venice

Singapore, Singapore
6 posts
Save Topic
Booking a train ticket from OBB from Salzburg to Venice

Hi, I had just did a booking from OBB yesterday night, from Salzburg to Venice S.L via Villach. But when I press the "collect ticket" I only have 1 ticket in the PDF file stating from Villach to Venice, but the part from Salzburg to Villach is not give. But on my booking details it states the departure from Salzburg, the date and the time. The question is, do I need to buy another ticket from Salzburg to Villach, or do I have to collect that part of the ticket as the train station? Can someone pls share with me how does this works?

Thank you,

Joy

Mannheim, Germany
Destination Expert
for Zurich, Mannheim
Level Contributor
13,710 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Booking a train ticket from OBB from Salzburg to Venice

Your taicket is valid only on a certain bus from Villach to Venice but on any train of the day from Salzburg to Villach. You don't need to exchange anything.

Singapore, Singapore
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Booking a train ticket from OBB from Salzburg to Venice

Thanks Altamiro, how come my booking from Salzburg onwards is an open ticket. I paid only 29 euro for the whole trip and my friend paid 59 euro for the same trip same day, but the differences is, she got her ticket issued for both the journey, Salzburg to Villach (open) and Villach to Venice SL and mine only 1 ticket is issued and it only states from Villach to Venice SL. So I got confused :(

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
8,648 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Booking a train ticket from OBB from Salzburg to Venice

Perhaps you need to copy the exact wording in your post, so we could interpret the validity of your ticket. There is nothing fishy about € 29 fare, that is the price for the discounted fare for that journey.

Singapore, Singapore
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Booking a train ticket from OBB from Salzburg to Venice

Got the reply from the OBB and he translate the literal Gernan writings on my 1 ticket for both train and bus, so am good and understood. Thank you for all :)

5. Re: Booking a train ticket from OBB from Salzburg to Venice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 July 2014, 05:18