We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sound of music/Eagles nest tours baby

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
62 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Sound of music/Eagles nest tours baby

Hello,

Does anyone know if they allow babies on these tours? We will be with our 9 month old-thank you!

Midlands, UK
Level Contributor
3,284 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sound of music/Eagles nest tours baby

When are you travelling? Eagles Nest tour is closed in winter.

I cannot see any reason why you should not take your baby on the SOM tour. There is a lot of walking on the Eagles Nest tour so you'd possibly have to carry the baby.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
62 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Sound of music/Eagles nest tours baby

October thx

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
37 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sound of music/Eagles nest tours baby

Yes babies are allowed on SOM tour....for eagle's nest you may find difficult with baby so better avoid.i didn't find it interesting with my toddler

Edited: 17 August 2013, 18:42
Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Austria
Level Contributor
18,102 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sound of music/Eagles nest tours baby

I wouldn't let having a 9 month old baby hamper you from visiting the eagles nest. presumably you have a carrier sling for him/her, so go ahead and enjoy. but if you are using a pram or buggy, it would be more difficult.

Colorado Springs...
Level Contributor
4,867 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Sound of music/Eagles nest tours baby

We took our 4 months and 1 1/2 years old grandchildren to the Kehlsteinhaus (the offcial name of the Eagles Nest.). No problems. You don't need a tour for that. Either drive or take the bus from the Berchtesgaden train station to the Obersalzberg. From there, everybody has to take special busses to the mountain level from where the elevator inside the moiuntain starts to the restaurant. The restaurant is nothing to brag about, and except for the view and some hiking possibilities (without toddlers!) there is nothing special about the place, except good marketing.

Less complicated (no change of conveyance) is taking the 4-asults gondola lift to the top of the Jenner. The Base Station is at the parking lot for the Koenigsee. The view is equally impressive and usually the lift line is shorter than waiting for the Kehlksteinnhaus bus. I consider the Jenner restaurant superior to the Kehlsteinhaus. But that's strictly my opinion.

To get to the Jenner Bahn base station, drive or take the bus from the Bgd'n RR station to Koenigsee.

Edited: 17 August 2013, 23:12
Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Austria
Level Contributor
18,102 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sound of music/Eagles nest tours baby

people go to the eagles nest, not just for the view, but mainly for the historical connotations of the place. marketing has little or nothing to do with it, and the locals do not in fact push the place at all, due to its connection with the past. they are not proud of it.

personally, I have never seen or heard anyone saying that they were there just for the view, even though it is good.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
62 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Sound of music/Eagles nest tours baby

THanks so much everyone-do you know if the altitude is too high on EN for a baby?

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Austria
Level Contributor
18,102 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sound of music/Eagles nest tours baby

no, its not too high! your kid will be just fine.

9. Re: Sound of music/Eagles nest tours baby

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2014, 05:16