We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ERT ticket or bus pass

HK
Level Contributor
63 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
ERT ticket or bus pass

I have studied the ERT ticket but not sure if my understanding is correct. We, 2 persons, will go like this

On Sep 21 (Sat), we will train from Salzburg > Werfen to visit Esirensewelt, and then go back Salzburg by train. After that we will take bus 150+542+543 to go Hallstat and stay the night.

For this day, I will buy ERT for the part going to Werfen. What should I buy for the bus going to Hallstat? Should I buy a bus pass and how much would it be?

Appreciate any one's help

Bad Ischl, Austria
Level Contributor
3,690 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ERT ticket or bus pass

For the bus you will just need to buy a standard ticket from the bus drivers. You can ask for your final destination and just get one ticket. Or buy ticket to Bad Ischl then buy ticket for the 542/543 to Hallstatt.

This guide has the prices.

tripadvisor.co.uk/Travel-g190441-c194495/Sal…

But if you have a ERT ticket you could bus to Bad Ischl then use the ERT for the Train to Hallstatt and then get the ferry €2.40 and save a couple of Euros. But I am guessing you are going with the bus as you will get to Bad Ischl late and will have missed the last train/ferry.

Also your ERT will be valid on regional trains only to Attnang Puchheim where you could change to a train to Bad Ischl. Saving €10. You would need to check timetables to see which options is best for you.

Edited: 14 September 2013, 20:27
2. Re: ERT ticket or bus pass

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2014, 05:17