We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Our plans - your comments/suggestions most welcome :)

London, United...
Level Contributor
257 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Our plans - your comments/suggestions most welcome :)

Guys,

We're arriving at Salzburg tomorrow lunchtime! Dead excited, trying to plan some activities for the time we're going to have there, so far our plans are this:

Sunday - see some of Salzburg - we won't have enough time or energy to do any trips, just see what's around us and find our barings.

Thursday - 150 bus to St Gilgen (then the cable car here?) followed by ferry to Wolfgangsee. (This was an easy one, Thursday it seems is the only day we could use the ferry?)

Friday - fly home pretty much after breakfast.

Which leaves us Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday to do further exploring. These were my ideas so far (which need a bit of research but perhaps we can find tourist info when we get there if we run out of time).

1. Day trip to Kitzbuhel - It seems this might be a mission but I think it's the one thing we really want to do above *anything* else (we even tried to get a week in Kitzbuhel but it was tricky/expensive at the time we're going). Any tips for this plan? I guess Tuesday seems like a good day on the face of it

2. Day trip to Zell am See - This was suggested by Liz R, and as I was looking at Zell am See as another possibility I'm quite keen on the idea. I believe it was supposed to be easier than kitzbuhel, so perhaps something for the Monday or Wednesday?

3. Day trip to Innsbruck - We did contemplate staying here (seeing a pattern with our day trips?!) so I'd be keen to see what it's like, I believe we can also get cable cars and stuff here too?, again, something for the Monday or Wednesday perhaps? (Alpine Zoo sounded cool here)

4. Salzburg Zoo - I do like animals, so yeah, that's about it! Sounds good to me.

5. Stiegl Beer thing - This might be a less inclusive event as I'm the beer geek and others are not.

6. Stiftskeller St Peter courtyard - Thanks Liz R for this suggestion, not sure when we're going to try it - we'll have a few evenings in Salzburg, perhaps even tomorrow :)

7. Konigsee lake - Again a suggestion from Liz R, I think if we achieve all of 1-3 we'd not have time for this so I'm considering it as more of a reserve option at the moment.

We're going to explore Salzburg, it's on our doorstep and easily walkable etc so I've not put too much effort into that side of things for now, I'm focusing on the day trip side of organising.

So yeah that's about it, I'd really appreciate some feedback on my ideas, honestly, especially numbers 1-3, and of course Kitzbuhel! Thanks guys :)

1. Re: Our plans - your comments/suggestions most welcome :)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 November 2014, 05:16