We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4 days Itinerary in Salzburg

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
31 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
4 days Itinerary in Salzburg

Day 1 arrive Salzburg round 10:00am on 30 April (therefore not able to visit Eagle Nest as it only opens in Mid-May)

Day 2 Join day tour to Burg Hoherwerfen

Day 3 Jennerbahn / Konigssee / Ramsau Village and Berchtesgaden City Centre

Day 4 St. Gilgen / St. Wolfgang

Originally Day 1 planned to visit salt mine however it seems a bit silly if I just travel to the salt mine (Salzbergwerk) as I plan to go to Berchtesgaden in Day 3. Is there any other salt mines in Salzburg? Any suggestions on Day 1? or on the above itinerary?

Please help!

Edited: 06 January 2014, 05:54
Midlands, UK
Level Contributor
3,284 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 4 days Itinerary in Salzburg

You haven't scheduled any time to see the wonderful sights in Salzburg old town.

Will you be hiring a car or using public transport. It makes a big difference as you can travel around much more quickly with a car. This question is particularly relevant for your day in St Gilgen/St Wolfgang.

There is another Saltmine at Hallein, south of Salzburg, but if you're going to Berchtesgaden it makes more sense to go to Salzbergwerk. I'd miss out Ramsau unless you have a particularly strong desire to go there.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
31 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 4 days Itinerary in Salzburg

I've been Salzburg this year hence won't spend too much in town and I'll be travelling on my own by public transport. Think I might do Hallein Saltmine on Day 1.

Thanks again for your suggestions.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
31 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 4 days Itinerary in Salzburg

I've been Salzburg this year hence won't spend too much in town and I'll be travelling on my own by public transport. Think I might do Hallein Saltmine on Day 1.

Thanks again for your suggestions.

Midlands, UK
Level Contributor
3,284 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 4 days Itinerary in Salzburg

This site may be helpful:

salzburgerland.com/en/ausflugsziele/caves-mi…

5. Re: 4 days Itinerary in Salzburg

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 January 2015, 06:19