We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Salzburg tour for 2 days

Nashik, India
Level Contributor
11 posts
Save Topic
Salzburg tour for 2 days

I am visiting Salzburg in may 2014 with our family, like we are 4 me my husband my daughter age15 and my son 12.

So what can we see in salzburg for 2 days, and how do we travel internally in Salzburg?

Are there any passes for bus or train which we can buy and are cheeper in any ways?

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Austria
Level Contributor
17,355 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Salzburg tour for 2 days

do Salzburg old town on one day. walking is ok.

on second day, do the sound of music tour including hallstatt, if you are interested. or take 150 bus to st gilgen (45 mins) and take a ferry ride on wolfgangsee, possibly a cog railway trip, or a gondola trip.

greeley, CO
Level Contributor
2,546 posts
399 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Salzburg tour for 2 days

Salt mines at Hallein, Ice caves at Werfen. Train to them.

Midlands, UK
Level Contributor
3,284 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Salzburg tour for 2 days

Salzburg old town is tiny and you can easily navigate the town on foot. If you are planning on seeing a lot of the sights you should by the Salzburg card which gives free entry to all the attractions and free travel on buses including the bus to the Untersberg cable car.

This site should help you decide on some activities. Don't forget to visit the fortress in the old town.

salzburg.info/bdb02_sehenswertes/salzburgcar…

Edited: 13 January 2014, 22:57
Nashik, India
Level Contributor
11 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Salzburg tour for 2 days

Thanks for ur info. All this is possible in may I beleive. And I dont need to buy any whole day tour tickets?

Midlands, UK
Level Contributor
3,284 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Salzburg tour for 2 days

Some of the Panorama tours might be good for you:

www.panoramatours.com/en/salzburg/tour/

6. Re: Salzburg tour for 2 days

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 January 2015, 05:18