We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus from Salzburg airport to Train station

Ireland
Level Contributor
55 posts
99 reviews
Save Topic
Bus from Salzburg airport to Train station

Hi everyone,

I have just booked a solo trip to Salzburg for next month, and am staying at a youth hostel near the train station. I know that bus 2 from the airport brings you to the train station, but I was wondering if the train station is the last stop/how will I know when I am at the train station? My German is not great and I would worry about getting off at the wrong stop and getting lost.

Thanks,

Miranda.

Bad Ischl, Austria
Level Contributor
3,690 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus from Salzburg airport to Train station

Hi

It will be obvious when you reach the bus station.

Bus pulls into a big wide open area with lots of bus stops. Next to the main railway station.

Midlands, UK
Level Contributor
3,284 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus from Salzburg airport to Train station

On the bus there should be a digital display that will say Salzburg Hauptbahnhof. But as Staff says, it will be obvious.

Ireland
Level Contributor
55 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus from Salzburg airport to Train station

"It will be obvious when you reach the bus station."

Sorry, just to clarify: is the train station beside the bus station? Or did you mean it will be obvious when I reach the train station?

Bad Ischl, Austria
Level Contributor
3,690 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus from Salzburg airport to Train station

Bus station and train station are next to each over.

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Austria
Level Contributor
18,610 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bus from Salzburg airport to Train station

yep. basically on the same patch of ground. and it is the terminus for a number of different buses.

Midlands, UK
Level Contributor
3,284 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bus from Salzburg airport to Train station

Hi Miranda, Salzburg is a safe city and people are happy to help you, so don't stress about the bus journey. It will be easy peasy :-)

Liz.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
9,321 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bus from Salzburg airport to Train station

@mirandaireland

Here is the map of the station area, it includes some of the bus numbers and which platform they depart from

www.svv-info.at/download_file/view/467/446/

For other maps which you may need, go to the main page

http://www.svv-info.at/en/timetables/maps/

Ireland
Level Contributor
55 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bus from Salzburg airport to Train station

Thanks to everyone for your advice, much appreciated - I'm really looking forward to my trip :)

9. Re: Bus from Salzburg airport to Train station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 February 2015, 07:19