We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trips to Hallstatt and neuschwastiein castle

Dubai
Level Contributor
112 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Day trips to Hallstatt and neuschwastiein castle

Hello everyone

During my stay in Salzburg ( 4nights/ 5 days) Im planning to visit Hallstatt and neuschwastiein castle. Can anyone suggest a good tour Company that offer day trips to Hallstatt and neuschwastiein castle ?

Also, I don't plan to stay overnight if i visit neuschwastiein castle, is this doable? Please let me know.

Cheers

Shane

Mentioned in this post
Hallstatt
Hallstatt
Upper Austria, Austria
ToursByLocals
Sightseeing Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours
Panorama Tours
Day Trips, Bus Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Literary, Art & Music Tours
Salzburg Guide Evgeniy Gumennikov
Sightseeing Tours, Multi-day Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Day Trips
B(e) special Tours
Sightseeing Tours, City Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours, Day Trips
Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna, Austria, Innsbruck
Level Contributor
24,792 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trips to Hallstatt and neuschwastiein castle

Neuschwanstein is relatively far away from Salzburg why I would dismiss it. Will you be in Munich before or after Salzburg? Because it would be easier and more convenient if you could visit the castle from Munich.

Hallstatt can easily be done by youself. How to accomplish that can be read in one of the TA travel guides.

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g190441-c194495/Salzb…

If you nonetheless want to join a guided tour, then perform a google search in order to have companies displayed.

Mentioned in this post
Munich
Munich
Upper Bavaria, Germany
Hallstatt
Hallstatt
Upper Austria, Austria
Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Austria
Level Contributor
23,136 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day trips to Hallstatt and neuschwastiein castle

hallstatt is also included in some of the som tours run by bobs tours, panorama tours, gray line tours, from Salzburg. so if you don't mind a bit of the do ray me, you could always go on one of these. going by public transport is perfectly feasible, but a little time consuming. if you want to go independently, we will tell you how to do it.

neuschwanstein is difficult, plus you have to book a tour, and there are also queues.

another of ludwigs extravagant palaces is on the chiemsee, between munich and Salzburg, and I believe that there are tours by the aforementioned to there too

Dubai
Level Contributor
112 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day trips to Hallstatt and neuschwastiein castle

Dear Mikey and Nakagoli

Thanks for your advice.

Cheers

Shane

USA
Level Contributor
1,052 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day trips to Hallstatt and neuschwastiein castle

Agree that Neuschwanstein is a bit far for such a daytrip from Salzburg. Although lines are not a problem if you book your tour tickets in advance on the internet.

Dubai
Level Contributor
112 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Day trips to Hallstatt and neuschwastiein castle

one more question to the TA experts…

I found quite a few tours from Salzburg to Lake district… Is Hallstatt part of lake district?

Thanks in advance for your help….

Cheers

Shane

Bad Ischl, Austria
Level Contributor
3,690 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Day trips to Hallstatt and neuschwastiein castle

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salzkammergut

Dubai
Level Contributor
112 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Day trips to Hallstatt and neuschwastiein castle

Hello again

I'm still looking for a tour operator which offers tours to Hallstatt. I've sent couple of emails to some tour operators and unfortunately none of them has group tours to Hallstatt ( they have said they can arrange a private tour but it is way too expensive) . Does anyone know a good tour operators which offers tours to Hallstatt? Please let me know.

Cheers

Shane

Mentioned in this post
Hallstatt
Hallstatt
Upper Austria, Austria
Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Austria
Level Contributor
23,136 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Day trips to Hallstatt and neuschwastiein castle

the tour companies that i mentioned before, all go to hallstatt.

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Austria
Level Contributor
23,136 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Day trips to Hallstatt and neuschwastiein castle

the tour companies that i mentioned before, all go to hallstatt. they list the tour on their websites. apart from that, there is also the som tour which includes hallstatt. the village is one of the most popular places to visit, and i dont understand any of these companies saying they dont go, other than by a private tour.

Dubai
Level Contributor
112 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Day trips to Hallstatt and neuschwastiein castle

@ Nakagoli

Even I'm surprised with lack of group tours to Hallstatt . The only Group tour I found in the web is Bobs Tours which has a combine tour that includes Sound of Music and Hallstatt (ideally Im looking for a separate tour to Hallstatt) . I even checked with my Hotel in Salzburg and unfortunately they couldn't find one either.

Cheers

Shane

Mentioned in this post
Hallstatt
Hallstatt
Upper Austria, Austria