We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ireland to Salzburg??

killarney
Level Contributor
91 posts
1 review
Save Topic
ireland to Salzburg??

Hey just wondering if anybody could tell me if there are any direct flights from the republic of Ireland to salzburg?? I cant seem to locate any!! Anytime between september and march would be best. Thanks

Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna, Austria, Innsbruck
Level Contributor
21,370 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ireland to Salzburg??

Ideally check the website of Salzburg Airport in order to find out which airlines serve the city!

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,586 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ireland to Salzburg??

You will find that for some crazy resaon Salzburg is considered just a winter destination----which will suit your dates---Ryanair had flights Dublin to Salazburg in the winter months but do not release their winter timetable until mis summer.

Edited: 04 June 2014, 08:47
Vienna
Level Contributor
2,402 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: ireland to Salzburg??

As mentioned above, there are no flights, except during winter.

If you would like to fly outside the winter holiday season, you could consider flying to Munich instead. You can reach the center of Salzburg from the airport in Munich by train in less than 2 hours and 30 minutes.

Best regards, Christina

Edited: 04 June 2014, 08:56
Bad Ischl, Austria
Level Contributor
3,690 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ireland to Salzburg??

No direct flights until Ryanair release winter schedule. (If they don't stop flights, you never know with Ryanair)

In the summer a lot of people fly into Munich then catch a train to Salzburg. You could fly Dublin - Munich with Aer Lingus. (2.5 hour flight)

I picked dates in September and can see some reasonable flight times. Depart 07:20 arrive 10:45. So you could be in Salzburg by about 15:00. Coming back depart 20:20 land 21:55. So would give you plenty of time on your last day to get back to the airport. There is a later flight from Dublin at 16:20 but would really need an overnight in Munich on the way out. Price not bad start from around €180 per person.

There are some very cheap train options for Munich - Salzburg. There is the Bayern ticket

valid for 1 person EUR 22

valid for 2 persons EUR 26

valid for 3 persons EUR 30

valid for 4 persons EUR 34

valid for 5 persons EUR 38

Only valid on local trains but would cover the two trains to Salzburg. Valid from 09:00 on a working day.

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Austria
Level Contributor
17,450 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ireland to Salzburg??

aer lingus also fly to salzburg between (around 18 dec) and end of march. i could never understand why aerlingus and ryanair stopped their year long service. ryanair used to have three flights a week and aerlingus two. and anytime i flew with either (which was quite a lot) planes were full.

when irish govt brought in the travel tax, ryanair took the huff, and said that they were dropping the route until tax was removed. ta is now removed, but the flights havent re-appeared.

nowadays i just fly to munich . its less than two hours by road , to salzburg.

killarney
Level Contributor
91 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: ireland to Salzburg??

thanks for the help guys. its a shame there is no year round direct flight but munich is a good alternative

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Austria
Level Contributor
17,450 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: ireland to Salzburg??

ryanair are already showing their winter schedule.

8. Re: ireland to Salzburg??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2015, 05:15