We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family Winter Holiday In Austria

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Topic
Family Winter Holiday In Austria

We are planning a winter holiday in Austria, with 5 adults and 2 young children of 7 years in December.

We like to spend a week near a ski resort so that the young children can try a little skiing.

Which place in Austria will be suitable for us? We also hope to stay in a house or cottage.

Appreciate for the advice and recommendations.

Mentioned in this post
Austria
Austria
Europe
Vienna
Level Contributor
5,811 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Family Winter Holiday In Austria

Check Zell am See / Kaprun area in Salzburg.

Mentioned in this post
Kaprun
Kaprun
Salzburg Region, Austria
Midlands, UK
Level Contributor
3,284 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Family Winter Holiday In Austria

Hello, you've posted your question in the Salzburg forum and I wonder whether the Austria forum would be more helpful to you. I agree with Salzburger67 that Zell am See is a great area. Will you be flying into Salzburg or another airport?

Mentioned in this post
Austria
Austria
Europe
portsmouth
Destination Expert
for Mayrhofen
Level Contributor
580 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Family Winter Holiday In Austria

Try mayrhofen

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Austria
Level Contributor
23,074 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Family Winter Holiday In Austria

there are many areas around salzburg which might be suitable. exactly what type of holiday are you loking for, and what are your interests?

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Family Winter Holiday In Austria

We would like to stay at a mountain resort close to skiing area and also to take in the snow landscape. We also will be travelling around Germany, Prague and Austria cities. Not sure whether I should be buying the point to point railway tickets or the euro railway pass for 3 countries. Appreciate advice in this area too.

Mentioned in this post
Germany
Germany
Europe
Prague
Prague
Bohemia, Czech Republic
Austria
Austria
Europe
Midlands, UK
Level Contributor
3,284 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Family Winter Holiday In Austria

Then I would say Zell am See or Kaprun would be perfect for you. There's a shuttle bus from Salzburg airport during the ski season.

Mentioned in this post
Kaprun
Kaprun
Salzburg Region, Austria
7. Re: Family Winter Holiday In Austria

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2015, 07:16