We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Munich to Innsbruck

Which Innsbruck hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
91 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Munich to Innsbruck

Has anyone used 4 Seasons Travel transfer service between Munich and Innsbruck?

If so was it worthwhile or do you think I would be better taking the train?

Many thanks for your help

Linz
Level Contributor
2,894 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Munich to Innsbruck

How much do you pay for it?

Using the train from Munich to Innsbruck is very easy and comfortable!

For timetables have a look at www.bahn.de --> Internat. Guests. (also tickets available there).

Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
91 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Munich to Innsbruck

Hi, 4 seasons Travel seem to offer a return fare of 57 Euros from Munich Airport to the customer's hotel in Innsbruck and back. they do warn passengers they might have to wait for an hour before leaving Munich. Thanks for your info about the train, I'll have a look at the website - am i right in thinking there is a train connection from Munich airport?

Thanks

Linz
Level Contributor
2,894 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Munich to Innsbruck

Hmm, if you don't have any reduction on the train you might travel much cheaper by 4 Seasons Travel. The train one-way Munchen Flughafen Terminal - Innsbruck Hbf. is 31,20 to 40 EUR.

If you go by train you have to change at Munchen Ost which is very easy!

Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
91 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Munich to Innsbruck

thanks! I think I'll take the train after all

Linz
Level Contributor
2,894 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Munich to Innsbruck

Good decision! Will be more comfortable and you'll help our environment!

Morpeth, United...
Level Contributor
159 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Munich to Innsbruck

How long does it take on the train?

Linz
Level Contributor
2,894 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Munich to Innsbruck

Just go to www.bahn.de --> Internat. Guests and enter your travel data. It will show you all possibilities! (From: Munich Airport Terminal To: Innsbruck)

You can use Deutsche Bahn website for all rail connections in Europe + all means of public transport in Germany.

www.oebb.at --> Language English is the webpage of the Austrian Federal Railways, there you can get timetables for all means of public transport in Austria.

Chicago
Level Contributor
2,004 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Munich to Innsbruck

SIMPA,

If you have never traveled between Munich and Innsbruck by train, I suggest you go via Mittenwald. The trip is very scenic, passing through the mountains. Travel time is 2:49. You can use the Bayern-Ticket (Bavaria-Ticket)which will get you to the German-Austria border, 17 euro/per person at the ticket machine or 19 euro from ReiseZentrum/DB agent. Or for a group up to 5, the ticket costs 24 euro from ticket machine or 26 euro from ReiseZentrum. This ticket is valid from Monday to Sunday for one day of your choice from 9 a.m. until 3 a.m. of the following day (on bank holidays for the whole day)on Saturday and Sunday and bank holidays from from 0 a.m. until 3 a.m. of the following day. It is only valid for 2nd class.

Then you will need to purchase a separate ticket to get you from Mittenwald to Innsbruck.

The quickest train trip takes 1:48 which does not travel through Mittenwald.

At the hauptbahnhof in Munich, there is a separate DB office where English speaking agents can assist you. It is about a 1 minute walk from the main DB Agent office/ReiseZentrum.

US
Level Contributor
174 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Munich to Innsbruck

So is the TOTAL trip time 2:49 or is it 2:49 from Innsbruck to Mittenwald and then 1:48 from there to Munich?

Chicago
Level Contributor
2,004 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Munich to Innsbruck

Total trip time from Munich to Innsbruck traveling through Mittenwald (the scenic route) is 2:49.

Total trip time for the quickest way to get from Munich to Innsbruck is 1:48.

German rail website timetables, English version:

http://reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/query.exe/en