We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

did anyone enjoy Swarovski at Wattens

Which Innsbruck hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Victoria, Australia
Level Contributor
2,107 posts
278 reviews
Save Topic
did anyone enjoy Swarovski at Wattens

We had a look at the website and the exhibitis at Chrystal World look quite interesting, yet most posts I have seen seem to be pretty negative about the place.

Are the exhibits there just not very impressive or interesting?

We will be in Innsbruck in December and had given some thought to a visit to Wattens. I realise I can buy the products at ths shop in Innsbruck.

So has anyone enjoyed their visit to Swarovski at Wattens?

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Province of Trento
Level Contributor
4,009 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: did anyone enjoy Swarovski at Wattens

Hi,

I have to honestly say it was disappointing. My wife loves Swarovski items and was also disappointed. Basically a few mildly interesting (at best) displays and a huge store.

Paul

Victoria, Australia
Level Contributor
2,107 posts
278 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: did anyone enjoy Swarovski at Wattens

Thanks for the feedback Paul,

On the website the exhibits look pretty cool but if it is just a glorified shop and there is a big shop in Innsbruck anyway, it sounds like our time could be better spent on other things.

Charleston, SC
Level Contributor
89 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: did anyone enjoy Swarovski at Wattens

I agree with Paul. Don't waste your time because there are so many other things better to see around Innsbruck. My wife and I took the tour in June and both agreed it was a waste of time and money. It is more of an art display of crystals and a large shop at the end of the tour.

vienna
Destination Expert
for Lower Austria
Level Contributor
13,600 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: did anyone enjoy Swarovski at Wattens

I was one time to the original exhibit years ago and returned after the renovation and expansion hoping an improvement would be made.

Sadly as most everyone finds - a big unhappy tour - exhibits not that great.

Retail sales opportunity no different that that found at their extensive shops in Innsbruck and Vienna.

If wishing to make a purchase use their shops if visting these cities - your sightseeing time much better used elsewherethan in Wattens.

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: did anyone enjoy Swarovski at Wattens

Waste of time and money.Not worth even the journey.Not what you would expect from Austria or Swarovski.Boring enough for adults but the children that get dragged along on excursions are to be pitied.

Victoria, Australia
Level Contributor
2,107 posts
278 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: did anyone enjoy Swarovski at Wattens

Thanks everyone,

I suspected from other posts that it was a big tourist trap, but it is so famous that I thought perhaps there were some redeeming qualities that would make it worth the visit.

Innnsbruck looks so pretty and we are not there for long, so I think way will give Swarovski at Wattens a miss.

Harleysville...
Destination Expert
for Fountain Hills
Level Contributor
4,904 posts
363 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: did anyone enjoy Swarovski at Wattens

Please don't waste your time going there. The store in Innsbruck is wonderful. It has everything and is also beautifully decorated. Save your time.

UK Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
18 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: did anyone enjoy Swarovski at Wattens

The face outside is sort of impressivefor about 30 seconds - but nowhere as good as the publicity photgraphs.

You can look around outside for nothing - if your passing it's worth a 10 minute detour but inside it's a series of cramped shops which does not show you how the "crystal" is made - in the big ugly chemical factory just next door me thinks ?

Quite a surprise as almost everything else in Austria is top notch.

Mason City, Iowa
Level Contributor
2,600 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: did anyone enjoy Swarovski at Wattens

We took some pics of the face and the water. Then we went inside and looked around the shop for just a bit. It wasn't worth going out of our way to find it.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
20 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: did anyone enjoy Swarovski at Wattens

I know this is a late response to this post but felt i had to "have my say"

Crystal World at Wattens is not a tour of the factory it's a visit to an exhibition area with a beautiful shop at the end of the visit. It is up to you if you purchase anything here and you are certainly not pressured into buying! The shop has been extended in the last couple of years and is beautiful.Exhibitions are made up of items constructed from Crystals. bras,handbags,shoes dresses as well as larger exhibits which change on a regular basis. Also it houses the worlds smallest and largest crystal and also a wall of crystal that is spectacular. I would say if you are interested in Swarovski it is well worth a visit, at least once. The price of Swarovski will not vary between the shop in the exhibition area or the Swarovski shops dotted in most villages/towns in Austria,although i have seen some special offers while i have been there. However i find the prices are round about a third cheaper than in England and those who have said that you can buy it cheaper here (Wales etc) are maybe not buying the real stuff! You are not allowed in the factory as the process of making the crystal is highly confidential and we were told on our tour coach that the workforce are not allowed to know the process from A-Z. One part of the factory knows part of the process and the other part knows the rest.and we heard that the full information is a closely guarded secret which is kept securely in a vault and only accessable by a small amount of people.