We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Group day trips or half day trips by coach or minibus

Which Innsbruck hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dorking
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Group day trips or half day trips by coach or minibus

A girl friend and I are spending 4 days in Innsbruck at the end of August 2013. We would like to take a day trip somewhere and possibly a half day trip.

I am partially disabled and do not want to travel by (ordinary bus) or train. We would like to be driven there and back...and pay a reasonable sum for this pleasure. (Not the exorbitant changes incurred by private hire).

I cannot find anything!

Any suggestions, please?

Dorking
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Group day trips or half day trips by coach or minibus

Can nobody help or advise???

Gay

vienna
Destination Expert
for Lower Austria
Level Contributor
13,600 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Group day trips or half day trips by coach or minibus

Have you checked the Innsbruck website

www.innsbruck.info

much info there on excursions, sightseeing.

Also info on " accessible " places

info on excursions.

I would suggest that you contact the tourist office regarding tours/ day trips .

They should have info to assist

contact info on the website.

Dorking
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Group day trips or half day trips by coach or minibus

Thank you - yes I have!

All they quote are the standard bus/trains etc - no special/easy options for disabled.....except for very expensive private hire.

Thank you for your response!

Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
681 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Group day trips or half day trips by coach or minibus

Without knowing your preference of destination for a trip, may I suggest Seefeld for a full day trip? You can get a taxi from Innsbruck - the cost would be in the region of £35 each way I imagine. Seefeld is a lovely small town/large village in gorgeous surroundings with many shops and restaurants. There is also a flat walk around the lake and if you could manage a furnicular railway you could go up the Rossehutte to then sit and relax in the restaurant. You would probably have to get a taxi tot he furnicular tho - it's not far but is uphill.

Dorking
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Group day trips or half day trips by coach or minibus

Thank you - that's most helpful - certianly £35 each way is do-able.

I am just amazed that there is no 'public' coach excursions in the area!

What a gap in the market!

best regards.......

Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
681 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Group day trips or half day trips by coach or minibus

I take it yu're travelling independantly? One thing to consider is to wait until you get there (and with only 4 days you don't have much leeway) and ask your hotel who will certainly have details of excursion availablitiy. Probably best though to decide in advance where you want to go. Any reason you're staying in Innsbruck rather than staying in the area and visiting Innsbruck?

Dorking
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Group day trips or half day trips by coach or minibus

Thanks again - we have considered that the hotel may be the best answer! We just decided to have few days away - and Innsbruck seemed a good idea. It remains to be seen whether this was a wise decision or not! Neither of us are sit-and-go-nowhere types and thoroughly enjoyed a recent visit to Kracow............where there was plenty of choice of excursions at very reasonable rates!

Regards.......

Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
681 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Group day trips or half day trips by coach or minibus

Hope you enjoy it. Personally I didn't find Innsbruck particularly inspiring, although in a gorgeous area. Do try and get to Seefeld - I'm sure you'll enjoy it. If you can get to Garmish Partenkirchen (just over the border into Germany) I'm sure you'll like that too. We went by train though which I know you said was not a good choice for you.

Another visit you may enjoy (I haven't been yet but it is on my list for next time) is www.walkseefeld.com/walks/leutaschklamm.htm. Again train would be the quickest and cheapest way but maybe there is an excursion?

Dorking
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Group day trips or half day trips by coach or minibus

Cheers!

Austrian Alps...
Level Contributor
63 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Group day trips or half day trips by coach or minibus

Hi Guy, I think that I have the perfect solution for you & your friends for daytrips and also half day trips around Innsbruck...send me an email and I will text you back. innsbrucktoptravel@gmail.com or visit our website (english version partially still under construction...but the spanish version is already finished)

Nacho