We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The best way to get to Innsbruck from Munich

Which Innsbruck hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Tehran
Level Contributor
109 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
The best way to get to Innsbruck from Munich

My flight would arrive Munich at 21:30 and I want to rapidly leave for Innsbruck in that time of night?

1. What is the fastest way to get to Innsbruck by train?

2. I've heard about shuttle van which leaves for Innsbruck and may collect some other passengers on the way. Does anybody know anything about it?

Oak Park, Illinois
Level Contributor
226 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The best way to get to Innsbruck from Munich

The Shuttle Service is Four Seasons Travel out of Munich, going to and from the airport. You can order up your trip on its web site. They gather passengers together and take off; you meet them at the transfer counter. The trip will take about 2 hours and could be longer, because they might be dropping off others before you. They take you to your door. Very convenient and probably faster than taking the train, which after all goes out of Munich and would require you to travel on the U-Bahn from the airport to the Munich HBF (45 minutes).

Bad Ischl, Austria
Level Contributor
3,690 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The best way to get to Innsbruck from Munich

If flight lands 21:30 you need to allow an hour to clear customs and collect baggage.

At that time of night I would forget the train.

I would stay over night in Munich and get an early train next day.

Boston...
Level Contributor
188 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: The best way to get to Innsbruck from Munich

Much of the train ride is really beautiful. If there's a way you can do it during the day I would recommend that for the scenery.

4. Re: The best way to get to Innsbruck from Munich

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 April 2015, 06:16