We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Difference between Innsbruck and Interlaken or Lucerne ?

Kanyakumari, India
Level Contributor
6 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Difference between Innsbruck and Interlaken or Lucerne ?

I have been to Lucerne as well as Interlaken in Switzerland. I am planning to visit Innsbruck in Austria. I love Alps and nature that I saw in Switzerland.

I see that similar to Golden Pass Line, Innsbruck has a scenic train. Also, I see some Alps, cable car, etc. in Innsbruck which I have already seen in Switzerland.

Is Innsbruck any different from Lucerne and/or Interlaken?

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
328 posts
1,021 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Difference between Innsbruck and Interlaken or Lucerne ?

For a start, Innsbruck isn't on a lake. Secondly, although the train journeys around Innsbruck are scenic, you won't find panoramic trains like the Golden Pass line. That said, Innsbruck is a beautiful city and one of my favourite in Austria. There is plenty to do, beautiful scenery and many places to visit nearby.

Vienna
Level Contributor
4,947 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Difference between Innsbruck and Interlaken or Lucerne ?

Check out Achensee, Zell am See or Salzkammergut for mountains and lakes.

Oak Park, Illinois
Level Contributor
253 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Difference between Innsbruck and Interlaken or Lucerne ?

I have been to Lucerne and to Innsbruck in the Tirol. The areas are quite different. That area of Switzerland tends to be hot and misty and so has a different look. Innsbruck is in a valley in which the very high mountains come right down to the town, which makes it remarkably scenic. The town itself has many historic sights that Switzerland lacks-a palace, a castle, several magnificent churches, etc. that can be toured. And, best of all, everything is so much cheaper than Switzerland and in my opinion, the people are much friendlier. So I would explore Austria, especially Innsbruck and Salzburg, which also has a magnificent position.

4. Re: Difference between Innsbruck and Interlaken or Lucerne ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 May 2015, 05:17