We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Innsbruck or Salzburg?

London, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
Innsbruck or Salzburg?

I will be in Vienna in July and was hoping to go either to the Tyrol region or Salzburg. I am looking for more nature, the green grass with the mountains in the back sort of thing. I only have about 2 days and am also looking to skydive. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

Mentioned in this post
Vienna
Vienna
Vienna Region, Austria
Salzburg
Salzburg
Salzburg Region, Austria
Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Austria
Level Contributor
22,923 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Innsbruck or Salzburg?

salzburg is the best. you can paraglide from zwolferhorn or schafberg, on the wolfgangsee. as for sky diving? i have no idea where you could find that!

Bad Ischl, Austria
Level Contributor
3,702 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Innsbruck or Salzburg?

Agree with Nakagoli---my son did paragliding from Zwolferhorn in St Gilgen. The chap who organises it has cards in the lift station and at the Tourist Info Office.You need a mobile tel number as it relys on weather conditions. He confirms on the day so you'd need to be lucky with the weather over your 2 days.

Easton, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
4,131 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Innsbruck or Salzburg?

You you are looking to do paragliding near Innsbruck, go to the Stubaital. From Innsbruck you can take a bus. Here are several or options.

Flight school Parafly Stubaital, Neustift

phone +43 664 4453233

moni@parafly.at

Magic Motion, Mieders (Stubaital valley)

phone +43 5225 63813

info@magicmotion.at

http://www.schlick2000.at/de/28145

Good Flight!

Edited: 26 May 2014, 17:09
Mentioned in this post
Mieders
Mieders
Tirol, Austria
4. Re: Innsbruck or Salzburg?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 27 May 2014, 22:35
India
Level Contributor
2 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Innsbruck or Salzburg?

What are the things to do in Innsbruck. We are planning a day trip there from Munich in august

Mentioned in this post
Munich
Munich
Upper Bavaria, Germany
Vienna
Level Contributor
3,410 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Innsbruck or Salzburg?

Zell am See is a great Location for Sky Diving and it can be reached in 1 hour and 40 minutes from Salzburg.

Find more Information on Sky Diving in Zell am See on zellamsee-kaprun.com/en/activities/aviation

Best regards, Christina

Mentioned in this post
Salzburg
Salzburg
Salzburg Region, Austria
portsmouth
Destination Expert
for Mayrhofen
Level Contributor
580 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Innsbruck or Salzburg?

mayrhofen is a great place for paragliding I did the tandam jump last summer and it was great fun

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Austria
Level Contributor
22,923 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Innsbruck or Salzburg?

there seems to be some confusion here, which i hinted at in my first post. there are TWO different sports.

1 paragliding, which entails launching yourself off a mountain with a controllable parachute

2 skydiving, which entails being taken up in a plane and jumping out, a bit of a freefall and a parachuting to the ground

the op asked about skydiving, and unless there is an aerodrome near any of the places mentioned, it will be hard to do.

perhaps the op could explain exactly what they want to do?

Easton, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
4,131 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Innsbruck or Salzburg?

Alisa,

You asked what there is to do in Innsbruck. Depends on your interests. Here are a few alternatives.

Places of Interest: Old City....Goldeness Dachel

Walk along the river...lovely facades of homes

nordkette.com/en/cable-railways/history/the-

Go to Igls..take the J bus and take lift to the Patscherkopfl.. and walk down....or from Igls you can walk to Heiligwasser and back.

Tour of Summer Residence of Hapsburgs

Day trip to Swarovski Crystal World in Wattens

…swarovski.com/Content.Node/besucher_informa…

You can get the bus at the Main train station to the Factory

Go to the Innsbruck Tourist Office which is right at the begiining of the Old City.

Depends on you.

Mentioned in this post
Igls
Igls
Tirol, Austria
Heiligwasser
Heiligwasser
13 Reviews
Innsbruck, Austria
Wattens
Wattens
Tirol, Austria
10. Re: Innsbruck or Salzburg?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 June 2015, 05:15