We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with Itinerary for Central Europe

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
500 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
Help with Itinerary for Central Europe

Hi Everyone,

I had posted a couple of months back about my upcoming trip to central europe in july but that got cancelled due to some reasons. My wife and me are now planning to visit central europe in

September with a bit of a change from our previous plans.

My wife and me are in our late twenties who love architecture, museums, historical places and old towns. We don't like walking much but use public transport extensively.

Our rough itinerary is as follows:

Budapest (4 days)

Bratislava (1 days)

Vienna (3 days) - Day trip to Wachau Valley

Innsbruck (2 days)

Salzburg (4 days) - Day trips to Hallstatt & Berchtesgaden

Cesky Krumlov (1 day)

Prague (4 days) - Day trip to Plzen

Krakow (4 days) - Day trips to Auchwitz & Wieliczka

Warsaw (1 day)

Antwerp (7 days) - Visiting friends and family

1 - What will be the weather like in September to the places we are travelling to?

2 - Is this the most logical route to travel? (My last destination has to be Antwerp, could start from anywhere)

Any advice, opinions and suggestion on our itinerary or the trip in general are most appreciated and welcome.

Thanks for taking out the time to read my post and replying. Any and all opinions and advice are most welcome.

Regards, Rishi

Easton, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
4,131 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with Itinerary for Central Europe

I am only going to respond to one part of your question..weather in Innsbruck and Salzburg. There is really no way to know what the weather will be like. Generally speaking the weather in the afternoons is in the 70s (F)and the mornings in the 50s (F). On any given day there is usually better than 50 percent chance of rain...but that does not mean that it rains all the time. Sometimes it rains for an hour and then the sun comes out. Sometimes is beautiful during the first half of the day and as the day progress...rain comes. Bring an umbrella or a way a rain poncho to keep yourself dry!

Don't worry about the weather...you have no control over it. Whatever the weather will be you will be experiencing authenic Austria!

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
500 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help with Itinerary for Central Europe

Thanks for your reply Marb E

Regards, Rishi

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
500 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help with Itinerary for Central Europe

Hello,

This last week has gone into lot of reading and researching and finally I have come up with a somewhat final plan of travel. I will be flying from Bombay into Krakow and then it is as follows:

Krakow (4 days) - Prague (4 days) - Cesky Krumlov (1 day) - Salzburg (4 days) - Innsbruck (2 days) - Vienna (4 days) - Bratislava (1 day) - Budapest (4 days) - Brussels

- We really need only 3 days in Krakow but due to jet lag and travelling such long distance i have kept an extra day to relax. We will take a night train from Krakow to Prague

- Prague to Cesky Krumlov by Student Agency Bus

- Cesky Krumlov to Salzburg by shuttle. The opinion on the forum was to cut short the days in Salzburg but i want to go and see Hallstatt and Bertchesgarden and with two day trips i guess 4 days are required.

- I am still not whether to keep Innsbruck in the itinerary. My wife is really keen to go there. Decision pending.

- Innsbruck/Salzburg to Vienna by train. Staying 4 days in Vienna with a day trip to Wachau.

- Bratislava is on the way and hence would like to spend an evening there.

- Stay in Budapest for days and take a flight to Brussels to meet friends.

Thank you all who have replied to my posts and offered opinions. You are most welcome to still comment or provide feedback on the above.

Regards, Rishi

england, birmingham
Level Contributor
322 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help with Itinerary for Central Europe

Hi Rishi

We've been to most of these places and can I suggest that you are spending too long in some of those places as just 2 or 3 days are more than enough. They are small cities or large towns and you will find there is not much to do after 3 days.

We did a similar and stayed 2 nights at each , used local trains and all worked out well. We are in our late 50's and managed it. Hope this helps, Namaste

5. Re: Help with Itinerary for Central Europe

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 June 2015, 05:15