We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Innsbruck to Lake Achensee

Which Innsbruck hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
86 posts
84 reviews
Save Topic
Innsbruck to Lake Achensee

Hello,

We will be in Innsbruck in the second week of June and plan to go to Lake Achensee, which we believe is close by.

Posts are there on public transport,but as time is short for us, would appreciate if someone could guide us on the bus numbers and specific route from Innsbruck right up-to to Lake Achensee.

Are these covered by the Innsbruck card of one will have to pay for them separately?

How much time is recommended to be spent there and which would be the most convenient and suitable spot on the Lake to reach.

Thank you in advance.

Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna, Austria, Innsbruck
Level Contributor
20,868 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Innsbruck to Lake Achensee

It is very easy to get timetables and prices of public transport. Look here: www.vvt.at

Also glance on a map (maps.google.com) which tremendously helps planning any trip! The Innsbruck Card covers, as far as I know, only transport in Innsbruck (what also sounds logically). I would definitely consider taking the ferry service on the lake (tirol-schiffahrt.at/en/achensee-ferry-servic…).

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
86 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Innsbruck to Lake Achensee

Thank you!

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
86 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Innsbruck to Lake Achensee

Thank you!

Edited: 03 June 2014, 13:18
england, birmingham
Level Contributor
306 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Innsbruck to Lake Achensee

Raj Ji

May I suggest one more thing to do in Austria?

We were there only 4 days ago and from Innsbruck you can go to Mayrhofen, its a very nice valley with lifts taking you to the top ff the mountains in a lift

I think you will like it. I hope to add some pics from there soon

namaste

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
86 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Innsbruck to Lake Achensee

Namaste.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Basingstoke, United...
Level Contributor
2,637 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Innsbruck to Lake Achensee

You can go up into the mountains by taking the cable car in Innsbruck itself too. However, the train ride to Mayrhofen is a very pretty ride.

For Achensee take the train to Jenbach and then buy a combined train/boat ticket to travel up to the lake and a scenic cruise.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
86 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Innsbruck to Lake Achensee

Thanks.

Basingstoke, United...
Level Contributor
2,637 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Innsbruck to Lake Achensee

The train up to the lake is a small open steam train - just for tourists, but a pretty ride through the woods. However, I would only suggest doing this if the weather is good or you won't see much at all!

Some of the trains from Jenbach to Mayrhofen are also steam-powered - although these are much bigger and take the same route as regular trains. If the weather is good you can ride in an open carriage.

I think the Innsbruck card is only valid for within the city itself, so all of these trips will need additional tickets. However, it does cover the city cable cars (which are very high) and the alpine zoo, so is well worth getting.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
86 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Innsbruck to Lake Achensee

Thank you.

10. Re: Innsbruck to Lake Achensee

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 June 2014, 16:48