We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

On-line train booking Innsbruck - Budapest

Which Innsbruck hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
nyc
Level Contributor
103 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
On-line train booking Innsbruck - Budapest

I am trying to book a ticket for Oct 1st from Seefeld-Budapest. I can access the OBB site and select the train(s). When completing the booking the site will not let me continue until I enter a "voucher" number. I have no voucher...... and will be paying with a CC. How do I get past this "voucher" block?

Also I don't seem to be able to reserve our seats for the Salzburg-Budapest leg.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna, Austria, Innsbruck
Level Contributor
20,183 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: On-line train booking Innsbruck - Budapest

You have supposedly entered your credit card number into the voucher code field! Leave it blank and continue to the next page!

Seat reservations can be made after you have chosen a train service and a fare on the bottom left of the page.

Edited: 23 August 2014, 21:52
nyc
Level Contributor
103 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: On-line train booking Innsbruck - Budapest

Hi Mikey,

Thanks for the reply.

I have selected the train service and can reserve for the #863 but not the #63.

I didn't enter my card number in the voucher field. i clicked on credit card selection.

Is the site browser sensitive?

Tom

Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
20,183 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: On-line train booking Innsbruck - Budapest

Then no idea what caused the voucher code error...

I did a fake booking and could reserve seats for both legs, Innsbruck to Salzburg as well as Salzburg to Budapest. You need to change to the the RJ63 tab and select what you want to have for this leg.

nyc
Level Contributor
103 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: On-line train booking Innsbruck - Budapest

Mikey,

Thanks again, I did change the tab but maybe i'm just misunderstanding th charges.. Question, am I charged for each reservation segment ( in this case 2)? or, is it one charge for all seat reservations on a journey? if the latter, i may just be misunderstanding the charges...

re the cc problem; what browser do you use?

tom l

nyc
Level Contributor
103 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: On-line train booking Innsbruck - Budapest

Hi Micky,

Got the tickets. I think the problem was with my using Chrome as my browser. It worked using Firefox (after deleting a corrupt version and reinstalling). Only glitch was that I couldn't pick my specific seats but I do have a reservation for a window seat.

Thanks for your help.

Tom L

Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
20,183 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: On-line train booking Innsbruck - Budapest

You could actually have selected seats on your own using the graphic tool! The reservation fee is collected only once but for each person.

nyc
Level Contributor
103 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: On-line train booking Innsbruck - Budapest

Hi Mikey,

I did use the tool, or tried to. On Chrome it worked well but on Firefox it hung on starting for 15 minutes twice before I skipped it.

Thanks for your help.

8. Re: On-line train booking Innsbruck - Budapest

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2015, 05:16