We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to wear in swimming pools?

UK
Level Contributor
66 posts
266 reviews
Save Topic
What to wear in swimming pools?

Can anyone tell me if men have to wear speedos in swimming pools in Austria? I have been to one place where they said no shorts. We are going to St Johann in Austria.

thanks

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
1,257 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to wear in swimming pools?

Not 100% sure about trunks, but do know that everyone usually has to wear swimming caps (men included)

Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna, Austria, Innsbruck
Level Contributor
23,269 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to wear in swimming pools?

I have never experienced that a certain type of swimsuit is required. As long as it covers what has to be covered it shall be okay!

vienna
Destination Expert
for Lower Austria
Level Contributor
13,600 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What to wear in swimming pools?

Agree with Mikey- bathing caps and speedos - not in any pool I have been in recently.

But check the saunas rules- many prohibit any clothes

Linz
Level Contributor
2,894 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What to wear in swimming pools?

Nowadays also large, professional sport pools also allow shorts. Usually bath caps are not required anymore...

Hotels usually allow all... but Austrians go to the sauna naked (+ a towel, where you sit on).

North East
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: What to wear in swimming pools?

I've been to the swimming pool in kitzbuhel last feb and didn't have to wear a cap of speedo's just normal baggy shorts.

UK
Level Contributor
454 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What to wear in swimming pools?

So it's cozzies (&maybe swimming caps) in the pool, nothing but a draped towel in the sauna. What about steam rooms & jacuzzis?

7. Re: What to wear in swimming pools?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 September 2009, 04:20