We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting Kitzbuhel in June (3 nights)

Singapore
Level Contributor
61 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Visiting Kitzbuhel in June (3 nights)

Hi

Can anyone advise whether it is practical to visit Kitzbuhel in June and experience the skiing activities? We are newbies in Skiing and is Skischule Kitzbuehel Rote Teufel appropriate for us? Do I need to wear down jackets or can I rent from some place?

And my family would also love to enjoy the Aquarena water sports, is it too cold to go into the water? Or is it heated?

Which part of this place should I stay if I want to go to these two places?

I will be driving from Berchtesgaden.

Thanks

Regards

Bob

Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna, Austria, Innsbruck
Level Contributor
22,895 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visiting Kitzbuhel in June (3 nights)

No snow in summer, thus no skiing! Focus on outdoor activities such as hiking, climbing and swimming. What is your overall itinerary?

Singapore
Level Contributor
61 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visiting Kitzbuhel in June (3 nights)

Hi

Thanks for replying. I planned to visit Eagle's Nest first (driving out of Munich) before heading towards the Austrian Alps. Have set aside 3 nights there before driving back to Munich.

I read about the Kitzbuhel Aquarena, my kids will love it. Besides that, we love to go up to the mountain (preferably with snow around), walk around the top. As for our accommodation, we are looking at some quiet place, not too tourist-crowded. Skiing is not a must though, but I understand Hintertux has snow all year around.

Bob

3. Re: Visiting Kitzbuhel in June (3 nights)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 December 2014, 05:18