We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train Vienna-Innsbruck-Salzburg-Vienna

Gozo
Level Contributor
38 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Train Vienna-Innsbruck-Salzburg-Vienna

Hi

We (2 adults + 13yr old) are staying in Vienna for 4 nights in Sept and would like to visit Innsbruck and Salzburg on a day (Sunday) trip. The plan is to leave Vienna early morning and return around 10pm.

Is it possible to buy one train ticket for the whole trip? On the oebb.at website I could only find separate tickets for a combined total of €114 for the 3 of us. Are there cheaper options? and do I have to buy tickets online to get these prices?

Any advice is much appreciated.

Thanks

Bad Ischl, Austria
Level Contributor
3,690 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train Vienna-Innsbruck-Salzburg-Vienna

Wow Salzburg and Innsbruck as a day trip from Vienna = 8 - 9 Hours on the train.

Set off at 08:00 and you may get 2.5 hours in each City.

Crazy IMHO.

I would just do just Salzburg and use Westbahn.

https://westbahn.at/en

Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna, Austria, Innsbruck
Level Contributor
23,209 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Train Vienna-Innsbruck-Salzburg-Vienna

As mentioned, this trip is hardly feasible why I would re-consider it! And 114€ for two adults plus 1 child going as far as Innsbruck and back is a bargain! The trip could also be done on one return ticket (Vienna to Innsbruck) subject to standard fare, ideally bought as paper ticket at the station. But this would be more expensive then.

Gozo
Level Contributor
38 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Train Vienna-Innsbruck-Salzburg-Vienna

Thanks for the sound advice.

We are going to Innsbruck just to go to swarovski crystal world..I know it is insane but cant do anything about it:/ We hope to take the 5.30am train, that would leave us with some 3 hrs for a walk through Salzburg's Old City...

We are staying at the MEININGER Hotel Wien Downtown Franz Rembrandtstraße 21, Wien, AT...the train for Innsbruck leaves from Wien Westbahnhof, what is the best way to get there at 5am?

4. Re: Train Vienna-Innsbruck-Salzburg-Vienna

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 July 2015, 05:15