We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

S7 train

Fort Lauderdale...
Level Contributor
277 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
S7 train

Hello

How long does the S7 train take from the airport to Wien Mitte? Is it easy to find where to buy tickets for the S7 train? And then platform etc ?

Thanks.

21 replies to this topic
Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
2,677 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: S7 train

It is about 22-23 minutes. There is a ticket machine before you go down the clearly marked staircase/escalator.

Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna, Austria, Innsbruck
Level Contributor
26,433 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: S7 train

Where do you need to go to?

Fort Lauderdale...
Level Contributor
277 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: S7 train

Thank you

Our airbnb is close to Karlplatz?

Gdansk, Poland
Level Contributor
4,738 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: S7 train

You can be little bit confused as S7 train does not terminate at Wien Mitte. Look for S7 terminating at Floridsdorf or 'Laa an der Thaya' or 'Wolkersdorf'. The regular fare is only €3.90, including a connection to the U-Bahn network. If you are in possession of a valid pass for Vienna, you only have to buy a supplementary (outer zone) ticket costing €1.70. The pass or tickets, probably purchased at the airport, must be validated when boarding the train!

Trains TO Vienna leave .18 and .48 minutes past the hour and go to Wien Mitte (Landstraße) and further to Floridsdorf.

You can also take any long distance OBB train going to Wien Haupbahnhof - the same ticket - 15 minutes ride

Edited: 04 June 2017, 22:11
Burnley, United...
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
17,967 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: S7 train

From Wien Mitte take U4 to Karlsplatz and from Hauptbahnhof take U1 to Karlsplatz. So at the airport take whichever connecting train comes first.

Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna, Austria, Innsbruck
Level Contributor
26,433 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: S7 train

"Close to Karlsplatz" is a vague information, and because of that the OP should check on her own what means of transport would be best to continue on, either from Wien-Mitte Station or Hauptbahnhof Station.

www.wienerlinien.at

Burnley, United...
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
17,967 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: S7 train

If it's "close to Karlsplatz" then they won't go far wrong heading to Karlsplatz!

Fort Lauderdale...
Level Contributor
277 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: S7 train

Thank you all

Our host suggested we either take the CAT or S7 to Wien Mitte and then metro (ubahn?) to Karlsplatz stop. CAT is quite expensive as we will be four people so i was trying to understand if S7 is significantly slower but i guess not

I know that S7 last stop is not at Wien Mitte but it stops there

Do you know if we need to get separate tickets from Wirn Mitte for the metro or can we buy for all at the airport?

Fort Lauderdale...
Level Contributor
277 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: S7 train

Norman I am a little bit confused of what you said about taking either U4 or U1 from the airport? Is there dirdct line from airport to Karlsplatz ?

Fort Lauderdale...
Level Contributor
277 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: S7 train

Tom , i just re-read your response i think i am clear now ...so many options :) :)

Reply to: S7 train
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted