We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Burggasse Stadhalle

London, United...
Level Contributor
690 posts
85 reviews
Save Topic
Burggasse Stadhalle

I’m coming to Vienna with my elderly mother to see the Erste Bank Tennis. Can anybody recommend a good area to stay, with a direct metro line to Burggasse Stadhalle and on a direct line on the metro train from the airport. Possibly an nice area with good restaurants.

5 replies to this topic
Burnley, United...
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
17,990 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Burggasse Stadhalle

Well the nearest subway line to the venue is the U3 and that meets the airport train line at Wien Mitte station. So hotels round there might suit eg Hilton.

Vienna, Austria
Level Contributor
1,964 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Burggasse Stadhalle

The nearest metro line to the venue is U6, but it is often considered a not-so-nice line. I would take Norman's advice and find something along U3, west of Burggasse Stadthalle, somewhere in districts 6, 7, 1 or 3.

Vienna
Level Contributor
3,765 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Burggasse Stadhalle

I agree that is not such a nice area to look for accomodation closed to the Stadhalle.

As mentioned before the it is beside the U6, although you can go on foot till the U-3 - Westbahnhof, and you are at the Underground U3.

A very nice area is closed to the Underground U-3 station Neubaugasse. From here you can go on foot to the city center and the area of "Spittelberg" is very nice. The best area and restaurants is the historical town, 1st district.

Best regards,

Beatriz

Burnley, United...
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
17,990 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Burggasse Stadhalle

Yes I meant the nearest “useful” subway line. The U6 doesn’t lead to anywhere that would be good for you to stay.

Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna, Austria, Innsbruck
Level Contributor
26,513 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Burggasse Stadhalle

Will you also do classic sightseeing or will you just be here for the tennis event?

Reply to: Burggasse Stadhalle
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted