We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is my itinerary OK???

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
80 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Is my itinerary OK???

OK, so I'm thinking for my 3 week European adventure June/July adventure.......

Fly into Prague, stay for 4 nights. Train to Vienna, stay for 3 nights. Hydrofoil to Budapest, stay for 4 nights. Fly to Dubrovnik, either stay for 7 nights, or rent a car and drive to Kotor, Montenegro for 2 of the 7 nigths. Then, fly back to Prague, do one overnight there, and then back to NYC the next day. What do you think of this itinerary????

Does it sound like the best way to get around and see alot of different things?

Thanks for your input!

Mentioned in this post
Prague
Prague
Bohemia, Czech Republic
Vienna
Vienna
Vienna Region, Austria
Budapest
Budapest
Central Hungary, Hungary
Dubrovnik
Dubrovnik
Dubrovnik-Neretva County, Croatia
Kotor
Kotor
Kotor Municipality, Montenegro
Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna, Austria, Innsbruck
Level Contributor
24,582 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is my itinerary OK???

Perfect! You see some very attractive cities and have some time to relax at the sea.

vienna
Destination Expert
for Lower Austria
Level Contributor
13,600 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is my itinerary OK???

Ok to me with an exception-

The hydrofoil Vienna - Budapest- old ,slow, expensive and not really interesting-

I would recommend the train - cheaper , faster- time and money saved much better used in Budapest.

Have you searched for an open Jaw fare- Fly in to Prague but home from another city closer to where you end your trip - saving a return to prague and thus perhaps having a potential extra day somewhere.

Mentioned in this post
Vienna
Vienna
Vienna Region, Austria
Budapest
Budapest
Central Hungary, Hungary
Prague
Prague
Bohemia, Czech Republic
Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
656 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is my itinerary OK???

I'd give yourself another night in Vienna, so much to see and do.

Mentioned in this post
Vienna
Vienna
Vienna Region, Austria
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
80 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Is my itinerary OK???

Thank you for your input!! I'll definately take your advice and add an extra day and night to Vienna. About the hydrofoil... thanks for the heads-up. I'm disappointed though.. I thought a boat ride on the Danube would be magical. Do you know of any smaller private charters or other types of boat rides that could get me from Budapest to Vienna in a day? The idea of being on the river was really exciting to me, but not if it's old and gross and dirty!!

Thank you again for your time and your great suggestions!

Mentioned in this post
Vienna
Vienna
Vienna Region, Austria
Budapest
Budapest
Central Hungary, Hungary
Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
656 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is my itinerary OK???

Use one of your days to train up to Melk and take the boat down to Durnstein or Krems which are both along the Danube in the Wachau region, very nice ride where you can jump off wherever the boat docks along the way and jump back on again after sightseeing. You can return to Melk or train out of Krems back to Vienna.

Mentioned in this post
Vienna
Vienna
Vienna Region, Austria
6. Re: Is my itinerary OK???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2009, 22:20