We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What about these apartment locations? ...

noh
st. petersburg...
Level Contributor
167 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
What about these apartment locations? ...

... found on www.netland.at/wien.

Anything pro or con about these particular locations? Am looking for interesting neighborhood with easy access to center. I don't mind riding the Ubahn or regular tram service for 10-20 minutes to get to center. I have one car to park. I presume all the numbers after the apartments are some sort of address.

Thanks.

Apartment Gitterle, 1160 Wien Ottakring, Neumayrgasse 10. Description says it is near the stadium and Lugner shopping mall.

Apartments Philadelphia, district 12, 1120 Wien, Meidling, Damautgasse 7/19.

Apartment Moser, district 3, 1030 Wien, Lowenbasse 2b/2/18

Description says it is close to the Urania, between Wien Mitte U3/4 and U1 Prater and old town.

Vienna, Austria
Level Contributor
2,397 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What about these apartment locations? ...

I would not like to stay in the first two neighborhoods.

But Löwengasse in the 3rd district is ok, and very central, you can walk easily into the inner city center within 15 minutes. You are not really very close to the nearest subway stop "Wien Mitte" - that is where the airport trains stop as well but there is a tram that will bring you there or to the stop "Schwedenplatz"..

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
638 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What about these apartment locations? ...

Try:

http://www.apartment.at/index_eng.php3/app/3

Ilona's apartments are great.

or

http://members.chello.at/walkner/gallerie/

Beatrix Walkner has some great apartments.

Speaking from personal experience, I can say both are great places to stay.

noh
st. petersburg...
Level Contributor
167 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What about these apartment locations? ...

thanks... will try the apartments you suggested. Need two apartments close together

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
638 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What about these apartment locations? ...

Both of the two I gave you have what you need. Ilona's apts on Gerichtsgasse are a floor apart, all you need do is walk up the stairs. Beatrix has many apts in her building.

Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna, Austria, Innsbruck
Level Contributor
22,895 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What about these apartment locations? ...

The first apartment is located in the 16th district, a neighborhood that has become a home for many immigrants. Of course Austrians still live there, but it's not that exciting. It wouldn't be the first choice.

The premises in the 3rd district is the one I'd go for. Very central location behind the Federal ministry of defense and close to the danube channel. It's not far to "Hundertwasserhaus" and only one tram stop apart from "Wien-Mitte" station (Subway U3/U4/Suburban rail lines and City Airport Train).

This opinion only refers to the location and NOT to the quality of the apartment!

Chapel Hill
7 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: What about these apartment locations? ...

I second Operettaman's recommendation of Beatrix Walkner's Apartments Augarten. We just returned from a stay there (four people for a week at the end of April). The apartments are very nice, and the tram stop (#21) is just a few steps from the front door. It takes only a few minutes by tram to get to Schwedenplatz (or you could walk there in about 15 minutes). We didn't spend too much time exploring the neighborhood, but there's a grocery store right across the street and a bank and bakeries very nearby.

I don't know about parking there; we didn't have a car. Beatrix was very responsive over email, though, so I'm sure she would be able to provide that information.

Enjoy your trip -- Vienna is wonderful!

7. Re: What about these apartment locations? ...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 September 2009, 08:28
Get answers to your questions about Vienna