We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

reservation via oebb.at

Which Vienna hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
cvv
Moscow
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
reservation via oebb.at

Hi, experts!

I was trying to buy tickets with reservation on oebb web site,

but reservation failed, saying:

"PLATZLAGE FALSCH Die Strecke von Wien Sudbahnhof nach Villach Hauptbahnhof konnte nicht reserviert werden"

What does it mean?

Is it ok, if I skip this Sitzplatzreservierung and just get tickets without reservation?

Thanks

Mannheim, Germany
Destination Expert
for Zurich, Mannheim
Level Contributor
13,719 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: reservation via oebb.at

>"PLATZLAGE FALSCH Die Strecke von Wien Sudbahnhof nach Villach Hauptbahnhof konnte nicht reserviert werden"

The seat for the trip from Wien South station to Villach main station could not be reserved.

>Is it ok, if I skip this Sitzplatzreservierung and just get tickets without reservation?

All trains within Austria do not requie reservation. You can buy your ticket when you are. Having no reservation means that, in the very worst case, you would have to stand or switch seats during the journey; but this is very unlikely. Vienna to Villach is a major line served by frequent trains with enough capacity.

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
638 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: reservation via oebb.at

Agree with previous poster. Just buy your tickets at the station.

Linz
Level Contributor
2,894 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: reservation via oebb.at

Just walk to the station and buy your tickets there... from the ticket machine (easy to use) or ticket counter. Price is the same.

The online-ticket is only made for people who don't want to wait for some minutes at the ticket counter... often used by companies and their staff... as it's easier to handly and can be sent by e-mail.

No need to reserve a seat (€ 3,50 in 2nd class, free in 1st class). Nobody does it! Just be at the station some time in advance... then you can look for the seats you like.

cvv
Moscow
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: reservation via oebb.at

Thanks a lot everybody for your help!

I will buy the tickets w/o reservation.

Just wondering why they say "Reservation recommended" for IC534 train on the booking site and fail to provide the reservation?

BTW - it does not cost 3.50, it is "Gratis-Sitzplatzreservierung".

Linz
Level Contributor
2,894 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: reservation via oebb.at

Gratis Sitzplatzreservierung is only available, if you have the following:

Besitz einer ÖBB CLUB MEMBERcard

Besitz einer blauen VORTEILScard

Besitz einer ÖSTERREICHcard

Besitz einer VORTEILScard Spezial für Menschen mit Behinderung und Blinde

In Kombination mit einem gültigen Ticket für den Autotransport im selben Zug

In Kombination mit einem gültigen Ticket für den Fahrradtransport im selben Zug

Holder of ÖBB Club Member Card

Holder of a blue VorteilsCard

Holder of a ÖsterreichCard (year ticket for the whole network)

VorteilsCard Spezial (disabled, blind)

Holder of a ticket for car transport on the same train

Holder of a ticket for bike-transport on the same train

Mannheim, Germany
Destination Expert
for Zurich, Mannheim
Level Contributor
13,719 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: reservation via oebb.at

>why they say "Reservation recommended" for IC534 train on the booking site and fail to provide the reservation?

I would say it sounds like a software error. The big railway databoses often do that in my experience. "reservation recommended" means that there is often a lot of passengers - but for one or two persons it iusually still no problem to find seats. For a bigger group it is better to reseerve or you end up sitting in different cars.

7. Re: reservation via oebb.at

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2009, 21:18