We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving to and from Vienna Sudbahnhof

Larnaka City, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Larnaka District, Larnaka City
Level Contributor
1,068 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Driving to and from Vienna Sudbahnhof

It's me again. We have finally decided to spend some days in a hotel near Sudbahnhof and then rent a car and leave for Salzkammergut area. Since we are not used to driving in cities like Vienna (the town I live in has 50.000 inhabitants-however have driven during holidays in Greece and Slovenia), could you please inform me how easy would be to drive from and to Sudbahnhof area? If the traffic conditions are very difficult to cope with, what other place would you recommend as a starting point to our trip?

Thanks!

Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna, Austria, Innsbruck
Level Contributor
22,474 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Driving to and from Vienna Sudbahnhof

Typical city traffic with jams in the rush hours. Railway station South is located at the "Gürtel" (=belt), a very busy, multi-lane street. Less space for parking.

Larnaka City, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Larnaka District, Larnaka City
Level Contributor
1,068 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Driving to and from Vienna Sudbahnhof

We shall be staying at Kolbeck Hotel (that´s on Luxenburger Strasse) and plan to leave a soon we have the rented car and then return there a week later. Shall we need a GPS for this? Which are the peak hours in Vienna in order to avoid driving at that time?

Thanks

3. Re: Driving to and from Vienna Sudbahnhof

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2009, 23:20