We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bratislava Airport to Vienna

Which Vienna hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
95 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
Bratislava Airport to Vienna

Hello there,

Would appreciate if someone could clarify if Skyshuttle still runs services from Bratislava Airport to Vienna?

It appears the timetable I have may be outdated (if the company is even running at all!).

I am flying with SkyEurope, and arriving in Bratislava Airport at 12:00, 27 March.

From the SkyEurope website, I see there are supposedly two services which operate between Bratislava Airport and Vienna - but the timetable for both bus companies seem infrequent, and rather confusing, as I'm not familiar with either destinations in Bratislava/Vienna.

Would be grateful for some help to co-ordinate my journey. E.g. where to board the bus from Bratislava Airport (pre-booking required?) and also, how to get from Vienna (which stop?) to Bratislava Airport.

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
28,787 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bratislava Airport to Vienna

If you can't find a bus link (there aren't many from the airport) then get bus no. 61 (1 Euro) from the airport straight to the rail station (last stop) and get a train from there - they go very frequently. There are also frequent bus links from the main bus station and also every hour from the city's other rail station in Petržalka (but that is right the other side of town. All in all there are about 60 links per day, so you won't be stuck!

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
95 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bratislava Airport to Vienna

Thanks for that info!:) It's certainly useful to know my alternatives...

I'm wondering if you know the name of the rail station for bus #61? If so, I wonder if they have a direct train that takes me to Westbahnhof in Vienna? Any idea how much tickets would cost and how long is the ride?

I'm trying to work out a time table so I can work out my schedule in Vienna.

Many thanks! :)

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
28,787 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bratislava Airport to Vienna

http://cp.atlas.sk/vlakbus/spojenie/

will give you your options. The name of the station is Hlavná stanica (which means 'main station', funnily enough :) ) and it is the last stop, so you can't miss it.

I think it costs about 9 Euros and it takes about an hour and goes to Suedbahnhof (only a couple of early trains go to Westbahnhof). No need to book as it is just a local train - just ask for 'Wien' (Vienna might stump them)

BTW the buses go every hour from the airport to Vienna, Suedtirolerplatz, leaving at 25 minutes past every hour - if you put 'bratislava letisko' in the search box in the above link it will come up with all the times - you can book tickets that way as well, but you should be able to just pay the driver - about 5 euros or something like that.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
95 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bratislava Airport to Vienna

Many thanks for all that treasure trove of advice! :D

Burnley, United...
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
14,230 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bratislava Airport to Vienna

Look at this link for the bus times:

postbus.at/en/…index.jsp

They leave Bratislava airport at 12:25 and 13:25.

There's also Terravision:

www.terravision.eu/vienna_bratislava.html

Not convenient for your arrival time (unless you're delayed) but may fit in with your return.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
95 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bratislava Airport to Vienna

Thanks Norman..

Only thing is, I think Terravision has a fine print that states that it only caters to Ryanair customers.

It's weird they don't want to rake in more customers with this policy, but I think they have a special contract with Ryanair so that there are always enough spaces for Ryanair customers.

Burnley, United...
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
14,230 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bratislava Airport to Vienna

Rosie, I tried a dummy booking of Terravision tickets and checked their terms and conditions and Ryanair's name didn't crop up once!

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
95 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bratislava Airport to Vienna

Hi Norman,

The info I got was from:

www.terravision.eu/vienna_bratislava.html

And this is what it says:

BRATISLAVA AIRPORT <-> VIENNA CITY CENTRE

This is a dedicated airport-city centre transfer for Ryanair passengers only

Journey Time: 75 mins.

Departs from: Bratislava Airport

Vienna City Centre

Burnley, United...
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
14,230 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bratislava Airport to Vienna

Hi Rosie

Something strange happening on their website because when I went back in my history to the page I checked it is coming up as unavailable! The link you provided does say for Ryanair passengers only at the top which the page I accessed didn't say. Maybe they can't make up their minds!

Anyway, the Post busus are definitely open to all!

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
28,787 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bratislava Airport to Vienna

If you follow the link above then you can buy a ticket through Slovak Lines or go straight to http://www.slovaklines.sk/ (there is an English option) for the buses that go at 25 past each hour - there are no restriction on airlines, and it is cheaper at €7.70 (Terravision costs €10 - the difference going to Ryanair of course :) )