We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Budapest to Vienna Airport

San Francisco, CA
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Budapest to Vienna Airport

What is the fastest way to get from Budapest to the Vienna Airport?

My flight leaves Vienna for the US at 11am on Sep 2. I would like to spend the night of Sep 1 in Budapest and leave for Vienna on the morning of Sep 2. The earliest train leaving Budapest will get me to the Westbahnhof station in Vienna at 9am but then I will still need to get to the airport with plenty of time for my 11am international flight.

Is flying my best option? Or should I take a taxi from the train station in Vienna to the airport? Does anyone know how long that will take? Is there a more direct way to get to Vienna airport from Budapest that doesn't take me through Vienna?

Thank you!!

Likely To Sell Out
Schönbrunn Palace Audio Tour with...
668 Reviews
from US$118.90*
Day Trip to Salzburg from Vienna
87 Reviews
from US$148.90*
Strauss and Mozart Concert with...
133 Reviews
from US$105.10*
Budapest Full-Day Trip From Vienna
65 Reviews
from US$148.90*
Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna, Austria, Innsbruck
Level Contributor
23,865 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Budapest to Vienna Airport

Flying takes longer than taking the train if you consider the time getting to Budapest Airport, checkin, safety checks, boarding. And oneway tickets are surely much more expensive than the train ticket. As far as I know there are buses running between Budapest and Vienna Airport. For more info on that use google or visit the website of Vienna Airport www.viennaairport.at

By train it would not be complicated either. Deboard the train at Wien-Meidling (and not Wien-Westbahnhof) and take the direct bus to the airport. Price is 6€.

Burnley, United...
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
16,415 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Budapest to Vienna Airport

You will find the direct bus timetable here:

Unfortunately the earliest bus arrives at the airport at 09:55 which may be a bit tight for a transatlantic flight.

Edited: 27 July 2010, 08:32
Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
986 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Budapest to Vienna Airport

I read in another forum that yiou are coming to Vienna, the previous evening.

Less stress and clock watching.

Still have questions?Post your own question so other travellers can help.
Ask a question
4. Re: Budapest to Vienna Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 January 2011, 06:16