We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fly Niki - 40 mins transfer time in Vienna

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
823 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
Fly Niki - 40 mins transfer time in Vienna

I've posted this question in the air travel forum, so apologies if you read this twice.

I'm wanting to fly one way from Bucharest to Moscow in May 2011. The cheapest and most appealing option is flying Niki via Vienna for approx US$160 compared to $300 plus on Finn Air and Malev.

Using the Niki website, I am able to purchase a ticket that has only a 40min connection in Vienna.

Dep Bucharest - 10:05

Arr Vienna - 10:30

Dep Vienna - 11:10

Arr Moscow - 15:45

I'm concerned 40mins won't be enough, and given Niki only have one flight a day to Moscow the idea of spending 24 hours waiting for the next flight isn't appealing.

Does anyone have experience with Niki and short transfer times flying internationally? Do any travel industry professionals know the MCT for VIE?

Looking at the info on the VIE website - the flights are out of the same terminal. I guess I'm just worried if the flight out of Bucharest is delayed.

Wien, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
3,748 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fly Niki - 40 mins transfer time in Vienna

If the luggage is checked through there should be a problem but if the flight is really delayed not sure. Fly Niki as with all the other Cheap airlines work with a short ground time. So not sure if they would wait for the flight.

Best is to contact Fly Niki directly www.flyniki.com/niki/kontaktformular_a.php…

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
29,343 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fly Niki - 40 mins transfer time in Vienna

... and don't expect the flight time to Vienna from Bucharest to only take 25 minutes :) There is an hour's difference between the countries so don't forget to turn your watch back on landing.

vienna
Destination Expert
for Lower Austria
Level Contributor
13,600 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fly Niki - 40 mins transfer time in Vienna

Minimum transfer time in Vienna is 25- 30 minutes - of course depending upon airline.

The airport itself is relatively compact and without long walking distances.

look here for info

www.viennaairport.com

you can see flight arrival and departures times too.

Today the flight from Bucharest arrives a little early -

However recognize that this flight is usually done by a small aircraft and most probably parks at a non - jetway site- remote.

This involves transfer to the terminal by a bus taking longer depending on parking location- these are found to each side of the main terminal. But the transfer takes some minutes.

Once inside the terminal you just look for transit signs and then a short walk most probably to the " D" section of the termnal.

If all goes well and arriving plane is on time definitely doable - but some stress perhaps-

depends on your comfort level and budget- I guess.

Niki normally has a good on time record.,

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
823 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fly Niki - 40 mins transfer time in Vienna

Does anyone know what their policy is if a connecting flight is delayed?

Would they make me wait 24 hours for the next one, or put me on another airline? Obviously I'll have travel insurance - but loosing 24 hours in Moscow would be an issue.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
816 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Fly Niki - 40 mins transfer time in Vienna

Air Niki is the logical entity to whom you should direct questions about their policies. I always believe in getting information directly from the vendor; after that it can be useful to hear the experiences of individual travelers.

Edited: 09 November 2010, 05:22
6. Re: Fly Niki - 40 mins transfer time in Vienna

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 May 2011, 06:16