We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good books on Maria Theresa of Austria (or other European mo

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
571 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Good books on Maria Theresa of Austria (or other European mo

I have been watching the Wealth TV (yes, it really exists) series on the Hapsburgs. Maria Theresa seemed like an exceptional ruler. Very progressive in many respects.

I'd be interested in reading more about her, as well as well-written books on other royal family members. Time period doesn't matter, European dynasty doesn't matter. They are all interrelated anyway... ha.

Well-done historical fiction is fine as well.

Any suggestions?

Thank you!

Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
7,387 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good books on Maria Theresa of Austria (or other European mo

I like the book entitled Maria Theresa by Eward Crankshaw. Usual sellers of paperbacks. I think he also wrote The Fall of the House of Habsburg - great author.

2. Re: Good books on Maria Theresa of Austria (or other European mo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2012, 13:19