We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

help with city order

Which Vienna hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Rumson, New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,333 posts
103 reviews
Save Topic
help with city order

Helping to plan trip to following cities-Berlin, Prague, Vienna, and Rome. Its an ambitious trip over 10 days, maybe not realistic, but if anyone can suggest if it is best in that order? Night trains, and then Air Berlin to Rome? Any thoughts appreciated.

Thank, T

Wien, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
3,575 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: help with city order

4 cities in 10 days and most of the time you are travelling?

Too many.

Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna, Austria, Innsbruck
Level Contributor
20,916 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: help with city order

I bascially understand that you want to see as many places as possible. But I frankly would refrain from doing it the Japanese way (>seeing Europe in one week). Perhaps you postpone Rome to another Eurotrip? If not, I would fly between Vienna and Rome. FlyNiki would take you there in 90 minutes.

www.flyniki.com

Rumson, New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,333 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: help with city order

Thanks for the advise. I warned you it was "ambitious", and I already got her to drop Dublin and Budapest! I didn't dare tell you this trip is also starting in Madrid days earlier!! My advice has been at least 3-4 nights inboth Berlin and Rome with a day trip to Pompei.

My daughter has traveled independently through Europe but this is her college graduation trip and she's worried it will be her last for awhile. She's trying to pack it all in, of course, and hit the cities she has not been to.

I fiqure she will NOT drop Rome and she will fly there. It will be a coed group of 4-6 friends staying in hostels. Which city should I suggest they drop- Berlin, Vienna or Prague? Would a day trip to Prague work from Berlin instead of the 2 nights she planned? Thanks, always appreciate the advice.

T

Edited: 14 February 2011, 14:57
vienna
Destination Expert
for Lower Austria
Level Contributor
13,600 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: help with city order

Who is planning the trip ?- with due respect - if this is your daughters trip, the decision on places to visit should be hers.

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
28,597 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: help with city order

A day drip to Prague from Berlin is theoretically possible but it takes 4.5 hours by train each way - tickets cost €29 each way if bought in advance from www.bahn.com or about €60 each way if bought on the day.

Toss a coin as to which one to skip :)

Rumson, New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,333 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: help with city order

vertical,

Whatever travel she does will be her decision, trust me. Actually, the final itinerary will be the group's decision. She just has been bouncing ideas off me, and I told her I would ask TA since usually everyone is so helpful.

GCEK,

Thank you for info on day trip, it is rather impractical. I'll pass it on.

Thanks for the help,

T

7. Re: help with city order

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 March 2012, 20:16