We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

To visit Vienna, where to stay?

Porto
Level Contributor
2 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
To visit Vienna, where to stay?

Could anyone please tell me the best central location to choose a hotel if I want to visit Vienna. I would also like to stay in a location close to the shopping area and with nices places to eat.

Burnley, United...
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
15,512 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: To visit Vienna, where to stay?

The central area is the 1st district called the Innere Stadt which has the postcode 1010. Greatest concentration of sights, shops and restaurants there. Next most central are districts 2 to 9 which surround the 1st district. Postcodes 1020 to 1090.

Porto
Level Contributor
2 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: To visit Vienna, where to stay?

Thank you!

3. Re: To visit Vienna, where to stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 09 May 2011, 07:05
Philadelphia Area
Level Contributor
2,150 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: To visit Vienna, where to stay?

www.zurwienerstaatsoper.at/Lage/index.jsp I highly recommend Hotel Zur Weiner Staatsoper. It is off the main shopping, pedestrian street. The staff is super nice. The rooms are nice and the breakfast is good. It is near the Opera, Church, Metro, restaurants etc. If this hotel is out of your price range and you are going to search for others...search near Stephansdom. That is pretty much near everything.

Ohio
Level Contributor
253 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: To visit Vienna, where to stay?

I recommend Pension Nossek. http://www.pension-nossek.at/ It is located on the Graben, which is a pedestrian only esplanade. It is half way between St. Stephen's and the Hofburg palace. There are also 2 metro stops very near by. Great centrally located, affordable hotel with clean rooms. Breakfast was included with our stay. We stayed here two years ago and really enjoyed our stay. This place gets consistently good reviews on TripAdvisor.

6. Re: To visit Vienna, where to stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2012, 21:16