We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodation in Vienna - recommendations??

Australia
Level Contributor
51 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Accommodation in Vienna - recommendations??

I am staying in Vienna around June/July 2012 with my partner for 2 nights, any reccommendations on accommodation under $300.00? Also we have no idea of what things to do, any ideas?

Burnley, United...
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
15,308 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accommodation in Vienna - recommendations??

For accommodation suggestions look at TA's Vienna Hotel listings. Generally the top hotels deserve to be there. As for what to do, this question is asked so many times I suggest you use the search box on this forum to find the multitude of previous replies. Only you know what your interests are.

Munich, Germany
Destination Expert
for Munich, Bali
Level Contributor
10,511 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accommodation in Vienna - recommendations??

Setting a budget doesn't really reflect what you can get hotels for. Nobody pays the walk-in price if booking on line - on the other hand sometimes the online price is higher than the listed price at times of peak demand.

Suggest you use something like www.booking.com to get an idea of costs. This far ahead you may not get all Hotels giving anything other than standard room rates.

Also depends where you want to be in the city.

Some people want to be within spitting distance of Stephansdom. We got a good rate at the K+K Maria Theresia (during xmas markets) and enjoyed the walk.

3. Re: Accommodation in Vienna - recommendations??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 25 October 2011, 22:35
4. Re: Accommodation in Vienna - recommendations??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 08 November 2011, 00:05
Washington, DC
Level Contributor
62 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Accommodation in Vienna - recommendations??

I just made a reservation through hotwire.com in Vienna.

I chose a 5 star hotel. They usually go for more than $300.

I did not know what hotel it would be when I was bidding, but I knew it would be in the Inner City. So to my pleasant surprise it turned out to be Hotel Le Meridien! I could not have been more pleased and I paid only $112/nt.

Can anyone beat this?

Florida
Level Contributor
2,219 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Accommodation in Vienna - recommendations??

I suggest you buy a lottery ticket, when you arrive in my favorite city in world (Wien)!

I mean, $112.00! Wow! Those rooms go for 290 Euros and up. I've never used www.hotwire.com, but I think I try it now.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
340 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Accommodation in Vienna - recommendations??

it cost me 110 US for Vienna Marriott city center for 5 nights using priceline l!! just a couple of weeks ago.

Edited: 10 November 2011, 15:09
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
816 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Accommodation in Vienna - recommendations??

Mirabella10 and PierreC1: Congratulations on a great deal! I'm curious as to what the dates of your stays are and how far in advance of that date your booking was made.

Thanks.

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
62 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Accommodation in Vienna - recommendations??

I booked mine early November for January 5 - 7, 2012.

I used to bid on Priceline, but the quality of hotels is way below

what I desire and the location can be 20 mins away from the city.

No more priceline for me, it's either hotwire.com or hotels.com.

They seem to have better quality hotels. It's worth trying.

Also closer to midnight the prices seem to be lower. Monday and

Tuesday mid day can also be good. The prices do fluctuate.

I would not leave any reservation to the last minute.

Milford, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,453 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Accommodation in Vienna - recommendations??

I always stay at teh Pension Aviano - right by the Opera House off Kartner Strasse. It's not luxurious but I LOVE IT! The location is perfect and the staff is SOOO Friendly! I woulD not stay any other place~