We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flower Apartment

Indiana
Level Contributor
1,184 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Flower Apartment

Has anyone stayed at the Flower Apartment by Vienna Boutique Apartments? There are reviews of this company but I did not see many, if at all, of this specific apartment. It looks very nice and the other apartments get fairly good reviews. It is located on Herminengasse Street right by the water. Is this a good area for restaurants, shops, etc.?

vienna
Destination Expert
for Lower Austria
Level Contributor
13,600 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flower Apartment

This apartment - by the address given is in the 2nd District across the Danube Canal from the city center -

a busy traffic street runs along the Canal and can not be far from this apartment.

Things to look for as you consider an apartment-

which floor is the apartment located on- remember here that the ground floor is counted as a zero ( 0 )

Thus floor one is actaully floor 2 - the way most count elsewhere.

Often in older buildings - no lift or one that is quite small- can be an access problem with luggage or for those with disabilities.

Check for a required cleaning fee that can be substantial - this fee to be paid regardless of how clean you leave the place.

Check for hours allowed for checkin and checkout - these can be quite limited.

The area of this apartment is not the best in Vienna - but still safe.

For most things you probably cross into the First District - sightseeing, dining etc.

Reviews - should discount them- owner has multiple properties and by description - these are most for other properties-

you also have no one to check validity of reviewer - like on TA.

Above just things to consider -

Indiana
Level Contributor
1,184 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flower Apartment

Thanks for your thoughts...I posted on the forum here because of the lack of reviews on this particular apartment, though it is nice to know that most people are very happy with the owner's other apartments.

When you say the area is "not the best," what do you mean?

Also, do you have any suggestions for apartments in the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd districts that are less than $150 a night?

vienna
Destination Expert
for Lower Austria
Level Contributor
13,600 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flower Apartment

Using this site you can review many apartments - in order of District.

www.netland.at/wien

easy way to compare locations and pricing - good photos too.

First District offers premier location - easy walking to sightseeing, restaurant choices and shopping etc.

Most every location is good . Usually easy access to numerous public transport and airport connections.

look to Apartment Osterreich - as an example.

my comments about 2nd district - this slightly out of city center- less convenient for tourists. While some areas are very nice - for many years buildings in this area of the district suffered from lack of renovation.

the first and second districts have the Danube Canal as a boundary- crossing means going to the nearest bridge - and can mean a small detour.

I think in the area you look to - a way can be made through the U-2 stop from one side of the Canal to the other too.

Some ethnic shops and restaurants found there may not offer things to your desires-

If you can find a nice apartment better located at same or even lesser cost - certainly a better thing for the visitor.

Edited: 23 January 2012, 10:44
Indiana
Level Contributor
1,184 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flower Apartment

How do you feel about the 3rd district? I have been unable to find anything in the 1st district that is in our price range. We are ok with staying a little out of the center if we can get a little better of a price.

Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
2,156 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flower Apartment

I live in the 3rd and, as with any neighborhood, there are better areas than others. Overall, the 3rd is very convenient to the 1st. For example, from my apartment, I can be there in about 5 minutes by public transport and 15 by foot. Do you have a specific address - would be helpful to know exactly where in the 3rd?

Burnley, United...
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
14,489 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flower Apartment

I quite like this guide to Vienna's different districts:

tourmycountry.com/austria/districts-vienna.h…

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
638 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Flower Apartment

We really liked Beatrix Walkner's Apartments Augarten in which we just stayed last December. http://www.appartements-augarten.info/

We have stayed in many apartments in Vienna and found these to be very nice and reasonable. Ubahn station is right in front of the apartments so you are minutes away from City Center. Beatrix is a great landlady and there are no hidden costs.

8. Re: Flower Apartment

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 May 2013, 10:29