We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cafe central

UK
Level Contributor
304 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
cafe central

hi. thinking of eating in cafe central on a saturday evening. i know they do reasonable lunchtime menu prices but just wondering about the evening. is it really expensive or busy?

many thanks

enigma

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
816 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: cafe central

I Googled and found their menu, which has English translations:

palaisevents.at/cafecentral/aktuelle-angebot…

Oxford, UK
Level Contributor
1,739 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cafe central

It's usually much quieter in the evenings than at lunchtime. They have some expensive dishes - depends what you want. They do a good goulash soup which won't break the bank - and leaves room for a delicious dessert!

UK
Level Contributor
304 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cafe central

thanks so much. that's great. just being a bit more careful since it's Austria..! and cafe central sounds a popular place. something like goulash is perfect. I love the stuff!

thanks again

enigma

vienna
Destination Expert
for Lower Austria
Level Contributor
13,600 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cafe central

They usually have music in the evenings too - adding to the atmosphere.

Casuarina
Level Contributor
347 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: cafe central

We had dinner there in December and got a table straight away despite the busy pre Christmas crowds in Vienna. See the menu above, we thought the prices were very reasonable especially given the outstanding ambience and service. The serves are not huge but very tasty. The dessert cabinet is a sight to behold!

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
115 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: cafe central

On a Saturday it does get really busy. It was packed. Sunday is a lot quiter. The food is really snacks but not too expensive. Wine is good value too and the cakes. Fabulous cakes and coffee.

Burnley, United...
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
15,899 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: cafe central

I think the food could not be described as "just snacks"! Check their menu:

palaisevents.at/fileadmin/user_upload/pdfs/S…

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
27 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: cafe central

I am so happy to read this, just got into Vienna, staying very close, but I was not sure if it was open tonight.seems like a ghost town. I hope its just sunday.

9. Re: cafe central

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 May 2013, 10:19