We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travel from Vienna to Slovenia

Bethesda, Maryland
Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
Save Topic
travel from Vienna to Slovenia

I am looking for some more recent forum information on safety of travel from Vienna to Slovenia, in and around both countries.

Wien, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
3,741 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: travel from Vienna to Slovenia

How do you want to travel? By car, by bus, by train?

Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
2,210 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: travel from Vienna to Slovenia

Austria and Slovenia are incredibly safe, no matter what mode of transport you choose. Much safer than Bethesda, I am certain.

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
29,194 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: travel from Vienna to Slovenia

Yes, I would also prefer to take my chances in Austria and Slovenia :)

Bethesda, Maryland
Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: travel from Vienna to Slovenia

Thanks, I was thinking about exploring by car which is what I have done in past travels but I may go with the train and then I don't have to be concerned about a woman and a young lady traveling alone. The world has changed a bit.

BTW Bethesda is incredibly safe and small. So, I can't relate that to two entire countries. Thanks so much

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
29,194 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: travel from Vienna to Slovenia

Austria and Slovenia are also incredibly safe, even by train, and you are right, things have changed for the better. If driving just make sure that you have the vignettes for both Austria and Slovenia, should you intend to drive on highways, and the police will leave you alone.

Bethesda, Maryland
Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: travel from Vienna to Slovenia

thanks for that info I will write it down I have been studying and going through my travel books to get a better picture of what I would like to do and beginning to make a plan. I will reach out later when I get a clearer picture. Thanks again.

7. Re: travel from Vienna to Slovenia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 August 2013, 10:16