We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Philharmonic Seat Option - Please help

Which Vienna hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
houstonls
Level Contributor
122 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Philharmonic Seat Option - Please help

I am trying to get tickets to see the Vienna Philharmonic and only seats offered are the ones located on the stage, right next to the orchestra. Does anyone know if these are good or not? My instinct tells me they are 'tourist' seats, but am hoping to hear otherwise as it seems they are my only option!

Thanks!

Milford, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,172 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Philharmonic Seat Option - Please help

What do you mean by tourist seat? I've never heard of that term.

houstonls
Level Contributor
122 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Philharmonic Seat Option - Please help

Ha I read that term somewhere else. I just wasn't sure of they are decent seats or not. I've personally never heard of being able to sit on the stage with the orchestra.

Burnley, United...
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
13,575 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Philharmonic Seat Option - Please help

Good? - not really. Better than not seeing them at all? - definitely!

Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
1,521 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Philharmonic Seat Option - Please help

Most concerts by the Vienna Philharmonic in Vienna are completely sold out to subscribers (who had to wait to get a subscription for over 10 years), so I guess the seats on the stage might be your only chance to hear them at all. It's probably interesting to see the conductor from the front and I assume those seats aren't very expensive either.

I don't think you could call them tourist seats because tourists usually don't make it into the concerts of the Vienna Philharmonic at all.

Annapolis, MD
Level Contributor
82 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Philharmonic Seat Option - Please help

We attended a concert of the Lucerne Festival Orchestra at the Musikverein, and there are two sections (back left and right if you are looking at the stage from the 'regular' seats) where there is seating. I suppose it is more intimate than sitting in the upper balcony or one of the obstructed view seats on the sides, but the acoustics are certainly different and you don't get to really see the concert hall in the same way you would sitting on the other side of the stage. Far better though than an obstructed view seat though, I would think.

6. Re: Philharmonic Seat Option - Please help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2013, 04:18