We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

obb payment problem

Which Vienna hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Norwich
1 post
Save Topic
obb payment problem

I tried to purchase tickets for the Overnight train (From Berlin to Vienna)

An error code occur, which is Error number: 02010

Anyone knows what's going wrong?

On the other hand, can I pay by debit card issued from a UK bank?

England, United...
Level Contributor
4,744 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: obb payment problem

You might like to post this on the Train Travel forum where there are a lot of very experienced travellers there.

What site were you attempting to purchase your tickets from?

You could also try the Austrian train network www.oebb.at

I have recently booked seats travelling from Zurich to Vienna and found it easier to use the Austrian website than the Swiss one.

As far as I know, you should be able to pay by direct debit from the UK.

Edited: 25 February 2013, 23:42
Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
28,597 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: obb payment problem

www.bahn.com is the one for this and there should be no problem using a British card.

I've no idea what the error code is - perhaps you took a long time processing your request? But I'm just guessing ...

Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: obb payment problem

Hai there, i have the same problem as well.

i want to book the ticket from Buchs SG to Salzburg Hbf using my debit card issued in UK.

however, at the payment information, they asked for this "Bank domicile:*" and the options given are only Germany and Austria. Does it mean that i can't book using my Debit card from UK??? please help..

Burnley, United...
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
14,095 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: obb payment problem

Possibly. Do you have a credit card?

Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: obb payment problem

No..i don't have a credit card..only have a debit card. =(

what should i do now? =( =(

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
28,597 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: obb payment problem

I've never had a problem using a British debit card.

I'm just doing a dummy booking on www.oebb.at - tickets cost from €19 and it isn't asking me for bank domicile so I'm not sure what's going wrong for you

Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: obb payment problem

I don't have a credit card. only debit card =(

I also booked from the same website,but in english as i don't understand Deutsch.

Does that makes any difference actually?

GCEK, may i know when did u last book the ticket from oebb website?

and one more question, will the price still be the same as the price i checked from the website now if i buy them at the train station on the day of travel??

Is there such thing as reserving the train ticket in oebb, then pay and collect at the train station?

Is there any other options for me to travel from salzburg to vienna? So far, i have checked westbahn.at and oebb but found that oebb offers much a lower price. My travel date will be on 25th december. Now i'm really concern because i cant buy the ticket using oebb website.

I really appreciate for all your help. I'm really worried about my trip now =(

Burnley, United...
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
14,095 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: obb payment problem

Well if all else fails you can catch the Westbahn train on the day and pay once on board. It's not that much more than OeBB's lowest advance fare so your trip is not in jeopardy!.

Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: obb payment problem

thanks Norman.

do u have any idea whether i can use debit card to buy the ticket from westbahn website?

i have come to the payment page, but VISA only appear at 'credit card' payment method. does this means that we can't use debit card to buy the ticket as well??

2) If i buy the ticket on board, will d price still be the same (25 euro) as what i saw from the website now?

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
28,597 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: obb payment problem

I do it regularly - I am just doing another dummy run now and I know what your problem is - you are selecting 'direct debit' as the payment method whereas you should select 'credit card' (whether it is a debit card or not)

Then it will work fine.

As of the time of writing there are discounted tickets ONLY on the 15:54 train (€24) so don't delay - all the others are full price so it would make no difference whether you bought now or on the day.

Westbahn doesn't go to Buchs, but if it did, there is no need to buy a ticket in advance - buy on the train and it costs exactly the same.

Edited: 11 December 2013, 08:51