We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunday in Vienna or Munich?

Madrid, Spain
Level Contributor
440 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Sunday in Vienna or Munich?

Hello, TA experts. I'll be flying into Munich on Monday, April 29th and departing the following Monday at 19:00. I'll spend Tuesday and Wednesday in Munich, then take the overnight train to Vienna (arriving in the wee morning hours of Thursday, May 2nd.) I have the choice of returning to Munich on either Sunday morning or Monday morning, so I'd like to know which city is more alive/enjoyable on a Sunday (if it helps, I'm not interested in major tourist sites as much as I am in soaking up the "local life" -- walking the streets for hours, photographing the architecture, stopping into cafes or wine bars, catching a live music show, etc.) Could anyone familiar with both cities possibly advise? Thanks!

Milford, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,453 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunday in Vienna or Munich?

I've been to both Munich and Vienna..... I LOVE Vienna. You will see some amazing sights. Kartnerstrasse (main pedestrian area) will be a little livelier on Sunday than what I remember in Munich. You can also spend time at Schonbrunn Palace on Sunday - it's gorgeous.

Have a great trip!!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
21 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunday in Vienna or Munich?

I've not been to Munich, but Vienna is awesome for wandering around the streets and taking lots of photos of grand architecture. There are lots of coffee shops with great coffee & huge variety of cakes! Wish I had more time there.

In terms of live shows, I'm not entirely sure, but there are lots of classical concerts in stunning settings.

3. Re: Sunday in Vienna or Munich?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 March 2014, 07:19