We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cesky Krumlov /Melk

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Topic
Cesky Krumlov /Melk

We are leaving Cesky Krumlov at 9am to go to Melk also to see Melk Abbey.

I know the train is not the best option for this trip so we will probably take a Shuttle or Private

Car. Our problem is when we get to Melk we are hoping to store our Luggage in the Railway Station

can someone tell me if it's difficult getting around Melk, and to the Abbey without a Car also is

the Town,and Abbey close to the Train Station. Will we have the time to do the Boat Ride

We are only in Melk for the day as we are leaving for Salzburg at about 3PM in the Afternoon

Can someone tell me if leaving Melk we can go to Salzburg by train or is a Shuttle a better idea

Any suggestions, or advice you can give me would be much appreciated

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Melk Abbey
Melk Abbey
2,192 Reviews
Melk, Austria
Cesky Krumlov
Cesky Krumlov
South Bohemian Region, Czech Republic
Salzburg
Salzburg
Salzburg Region, Austria
Vienna
Level Contributor
5,811 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cesky Krumlov /Melk

You are right that train connection from Cesky Krumlov to Melk will be complicated and take some time I guess. Melk is a small town and easy to get around. The train station provides lockers for luggage. Going to Salzburg by train will take around 2 hrs 30 mins - you must change at St. Poelten for fast train to Salzburg - check: www.oebb.at - there are ships depending on the season and if you can go to Wachau (e.h. Duernstein) I would recommend it. The question is if you will have enough time if you leave Cesky Krumlov at 9 a.m. and you want to go to Salzburg already at 3 p.m.

Mentioned in this post
Cesky Krumlov
Cesky Krumlov
Salzburg
Salzburg
Salzburg Region, Austria
Mexico City, Mexico
Level Contributor
3 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cesky Krumlov /Melk

We wish to go from Melk to Cesky Krumlov, Is there a bus line which takes us there ?

Mentioned in this post
Cesky Krumlov
Cesky Krumlov
3. Re: Cesky Krumlov /Melk

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 September 2013, 15:37
Burnley, United...
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
16,829 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cesky Krumlov /Melk

Are you answering the OP who posted in March or the new contributor who posted today?

There is no bus. Whatever route you take will require 2 or 3 changes.

Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna, Austria, Innsbruck
Level Contributor
24,780 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cesky Krumlov /Melk

@Olivia

In any case you need to take the train to Linz and then either...

a) ...continue to Ceske Budejovice by bus or train, from Ceske Budejovice to Cesky Krumlov by train or bus

b) ...take the direct shuttle which needs to be booked in advance

Mentioned in this post
Linz
Linz
Upper Austria, Austria
Cesky Krumlov
Cesky Krumlov
6. Re: Cesky Krumlov /Melk

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 September 2013, 15:37
Seoul, South Korea
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cesky Krumlov /Melk

We are leaving Cesky Krumlov at 9am to go to Melk to see Melk Abbey.

I know the train is not the best option for this trip so we will probably take a Shuttle or Private

Car. We are only in Melk to tour the Abbey and then leaving for Salzburg at about 3PM.

Can someone tell me if leaving Melk we can go to Salzburg by train or is a Shuttle a better idea?

Any suggestions, or advice you can give me would be much appreciated

Mentioned in this post
Melk Abbey
Melk Abbey
2,192 Reviews
Melk, Austria
Cesky Krumlov
Cesky Krumlov
Salzburg
Salzburg
Salzburg Region, Austria
Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
24,780 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cesky Krumlov /Melk

Yes, you can do that! Check here: www.oebb.at/en

Seoul, South Korea
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cesky Krumlov /Melk

Sorry, my mistake in cutting and pasting and sincere apology. Since we plan to take the same route in this July:Cesky Krumlov to Melk to Salzburg, we are looking for the best transportation option between Cesky Krumlov and Melk. Does anyone know of Shuttle service directly running between these two cities?

Mentioned in this post
Cesky Krumlov
Cesky Krumlov
Salzburg
Salzburg
Salzburg Region, Austria
Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
24,780 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cesky Krumlov /Melk

Never heard of a service linking Cesky Krumlov and Melk. Only to/from Linz as mentioned above!

Mentioned in this post
Cesky Krumlov
Cesky Krumlov
Linz
Linz
Upper Austria, Austria