We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can you book tickets online from oebb.at

Which Vienna hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Jaipur
Level Contributor
744 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Can you book tickets online from oebb.at

Hi all,

I have a question, I am looking to book ticket from Vienna to Innsbruck on 18th June, for 7:36 train, so my question is that can I just book online and take a printout and show to ticket checker in train, or I need to do something else at station ?

Please let me know

Regards

Puneet

Vienna
Level Contributor
4,389 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can you book tickets online from oebb.at

You can book online - they have it all in English language. Is cheapest and best option.

Jaipur
Level Contributor
744 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can you book tickets online from oebb.at

great, thanks a lot, one other quick questions,

is reservation mandatory for this journey ?

Vienna
Level Contributor
4,389 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can you book tickets online from oebb.at

It depends on your travel time and how busy it will be - there is in general no need to book tickets for June now - you have trains every hour. You can also do it one day before or just show up on the train station and buy a ticket. If you want a cheaper deal per-booking might be needed.

Burnley, United...
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
14,230 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can you book tickets online from oebb.at

You won't get a cheap deal on the day so pre-book. Pre-booking does, however, tie you to a specific train. There is only a limited number of discounted tickets so don't leave it too late.

Edited: 31 March 2013, 10:37
Jaipur
Level Contributor
744 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Can you book tickets online from oebb.at

oh by reservation i did not mean booking ticket, which i am looking to book today .. but like seat reservation, i understand that for some trains, we need to book seat reservation over train ticket itself, is that the case on this train ?

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
28,787 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Can you book tickets online from oebb.at

it isn't compulsory. Just get to the station about 10 minutes before the train leaves, choose an unreserved seat and make yourselves comfortable.

Jaipur
Level Contributor
744 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Can you book tickets online from oebb.at

Jaipur
Level Contributor
744 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Can you book tickets online from oebb.at

please pardon me if I am repetitive here, but i got a bit confused, I just booked a ticket in switzerland and they asked me to take the confirmation number and go to station shop and pick ticket from there. So, just to be sure,

On oebb.at I booked ticket , after that there is option of "print ticket online", when I click this button i get a pdf.

Now my question is that do i need to take this pdf to some train station and get it stamped/ verefied, or just take a print out and get into the train ?

Regards

Puneet

Burnley, United...
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
14,230 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Can you book tickets online from oebb.at

Just take it on the train with the card you used to pay for it and some photo ID (you should have your passport with you).

Jaipur
Level Contributor
744 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Can you book tickets online from oebb.at

great, thanks for your confirmation ..